Do only Indians call Sachin is the best?

Is that the case of just the Indian fans calling Sachin is the best? The first time I saw a comparison between Sachin and Bradman in a magazine, I thought it was complete stupid and only the Indians call he is the best. But I was wrong. These non Indian legends have been inspired by Tendulkar!

http://www.sachinandcritics.com/quotes_on_sachin.p...

Here are few major quotes from there…

Mathew Hayden:- I have seen GOD , he bats at no.4 for india in Tests

Brain Lara:- Sachin is a genius , i am a mere mortal!

Warne:- "Sachin Tendulkar is, in my time, the best player without doubt - daylight second, Brian Lara third."

Allan Donald:- “In my several years of international cricket, Tendulkar remains the best batsman I have ever bowled to.”

Steve Waugh> Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don''

Ponting:- “Sachin is the best ever batsman in the world. He is brilliant in his technique.

Sachin is the most complete batsman I have seen.”

Hell even Bradman himself has said this

“I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two...hi compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel! in reference to Sachin Tendulkar.”

AUSTRALIAN research proved Sachin is ahead of Bradman!

Griffith University researcher Dr Nicholas Rohde has used economic theory to compare batsmen from different eras and found out Tendulkar is ahead of Bradman.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/sachin-tendu...

A poll in Australia has claimed that Sachin is better than Bradman. Australianj fans voted Sachin ahead of Bradman!

I haven’t seen any other cricketer being complimented by that many great players and experts. Hell even Bradman him self is inspired by him!

So even if you leave this Bradman vs Sachin comparison, still this proves that at least Tendulkar is the best cricketer in this era.

Sachin & Bradman played in two extremely different eras. How can we compare a Boxing league having just 2 heavy weights(Eng & Aus) and 3 lightweights (SA, Ind, WI) with a Boxing league having 8 heavy weights and 2 lightweights(today’s cricket)? Era comparison is pretty complicated.

What is the best innings? 99 in a batting friendly track or 56 in a bowling friendly track?

I think it’s safe to say that Bradman was the best in his era and Sachin is the best in this era. It’s not Bradman’s fault that he played in a less competitive era and neither Sachin’s fault he played in a much competitive era.

Not just the Indians but many cricket experts fans call Sachin is the best even if we leave him comparing with Bradman!

Agree?

◄► Here's another thing. Many Australians former cricketers, experts and commentators have called Sachin the best. It's rarity to see Australians giving credit to any non Australian players. But they have done that to Sachin.

How often we see bowlers like Warne giving credit to a batsman? But he has done it for Sachin and those comments have come out of the heart.

This makes him special. Why? I mean why not?

Lal Kutta:- Then the above Aussie players I mentioned (Warne, Waugh, Ponting) and hell even Bradman himself has sucked up to Tendulkar by calling him great. I am just stating out their quotes! Why don't you go ahead and blame them?

It's not sucking up, but sticking up to genuine and true cricket facts. If you have an objection pls come up with a valid point. Any way i agree that it can be boring.

Edit :- Joeblow_ Really? Do you know how USA guys speak English? They do speak the exact same manner. I have seen many of them talking and they have been making some serious grammatical errors if you compare their quotes with traditional English. They do say things like "best ever possible revenge" etc etc! Now is their mother language some thing else rather than English lol?

So I dunno exactly but apparently the Australians following traditional English methods of speaking? Wonder whether you guys haven't been fully interdependent from great Britain yet?

Speaking of the brain washed thing, I see the other way around. i.e. There are some SLns who've migrated to countries like USA and Norway are working in a campaign against their mother country joining with the Tamil terrorists. So they are the ones who've been brain washed.

Like i said in my Q the thing is even if we leave this Bradman Sachin debate, still those legends have called Sachin the best possible batsm

• T J
    Favorite Answer

This debate is getting too repetitive & don't think people want to change opinions about their player, as they feel that their player is better.

I feel the Aussies find it hard to call anyone better, as Sir Don has an amazing average of 100 app.

We Indians find it hard to believe that anyone is better than Tendulkar, as he has an amazing stat, of 100 international centuries.

I have utter respect for Sir Don, for playing the way he did, even before I was born.

It would be nice of others to respect Tendulkar, as he is visible to everyone.

He has played all his cricket in front of the T.V. cameras from day 1. Whether they find him the greatest or not, is up to them but respecting him as a great cricketer is their moral duty, as a cricket fan.

We love Pakistani players, for the kind of talent they possess and they have tormented many Indian teams & players. We also respect the greatest Aussie team of 90's, so the respect factor is there.

But I think Tendulkar would get even more respect, once he retires, as he is also tormenting the opposing teams & Sir Don's country happens to be the heaviest sufferer at Tendulkar's hands, over the years. Reason why India had the best record against them for the last 20 years, same period during which Tendulkar set up many matches for others to win for team India.

Both are the greatest cricketers, no doubt, very hard to compare them. If one is better due to one big stat, then the other is equally good, due to another big stat.

Pl take your pick and respect both for playing their cricket to the best of their abilities, to please the fans for over 100 years..

Honestly, I dont like players to be a subject to compare. Everyone has their own class and style.

That's why they are representing their nations. I will say Sachin is the best only when I like Sachin as a cricketer. If I like Kallis or S. Warne more ,I will say they are the best. It depends upon the fans view.

Sachin may have more class and may have more rcords. But I don't think the people who didn't like Sachin will agree this. like wise, people who don't like Bradman will say the other way. It works like that...

Personally I'm a SACHIN fan (die hard fan)

Sachin started playing at early age. A player with small height earned a real fame all around the globe. Do you know what Sachin says about his first match:

"It was a good bowling attack from Pakistan side, what I was comitted that I have to stay out there for long and to face them."

He today holds 100 centuries, and what I have concluded behind his success, "Commitment" he made himself in his first match.

Sachin is a good player with good spirit and spirit is necessary for life.

Honestly,does it matter if Sachin is the best?.No it doesn't.I don't mean to be disrespectful but this whole comparision between Sachin and Sir Don is ridiculous.But i would say Sachin is one of the best of all time but not the best.

Sachin is best and he is the proud of the cricket and everyone know he is best and he is the only God of the cricket.

I am a Sachin fan & Sachin is the best player now in world cricket.

This is what Nasser Hussain said about Sachin:

http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2012/mar/170312-Tend...

It was Richie Benaud who first called him 'God of Cricket'

Sachin & Bradman are definitely the two best ever batsmen to have played cricket. None is better than the other.

sachin is the best player because he is the highest run and century in the word

• The problem comes with the way of comparison. Whenever the word Great comes into the picture, they start comparing with another.

Some players will go the peak points & they fell down ! You can't forget their innings at peak position.

Some players will show the consistency through out their career.

when comparison starts, people starts comparing peak points. They will forget the contribution made by that player. All these comparisons sucks !

He is jewel of Indian batting lineup !

I am loving it. :-)

OK. Dinith, You know I can write an essay upon this but I am not going to do that. As Manjrekar wrote in one of his articles, its not necessary to play the game to know everything about it. Bhogle is an excellent example. He reads the game so well that its difficult to believe he has't played competitive cricket. But one thing's for sure. There's that thing called cricketer's instinct. That only a cricketer knows what its like to be out there, how it feels to bat in front of thousands of cricketers and what exactly technique means. Its easy for us to sit here and comment about the players but the players know how difficult is to play the game really. The above players you mentioned know all about cricket and they have seen Sachin batting. They know how is it to bat like him. Hence, those comments came out of their heart. For eg., Ponting knows what it takes to hit the fast bowler above his head for a six and he has seen Sachin doing so. That's only an example.

Summary is, though its easy to become an armchair expert and criticize the players, its equally difficult to be in that position ourselves. Only the players who have really played the game at the highest level know what's playing cricket is all about.