POLL: Top female singers, in their fields?

Totally bored with my friends right now and we were discussing who the queen of rock was, and it became a massive debate over Queens of all genres. It was interesting to hear all the opinions. So I wondered what everybody else thought. Who would you consider to be the Queens of their genres... (I mean QUEENS. Not Miley Cyrus/Gaga type answers! lol) Here's my opinions:

Queen of Rock: Stevie Nicks. Come on. She's the queen. I also thought of Joan Jett, Debbie Harry, Patti Smith, and Ann Wilson.

Queen of Country: I'd say Dolly Parton, hands down. Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, and Kitty Wells are right up there but my vote's for Dolly.

Queen of Pop: Madonna. Definitely Madge for me. Followed by Cher, Kylie, and hell, I have to admit I do think of Britney Spears. Despite her being younger.

Queen of Rap: Queen Latifah or Lil Kim.

Queen of Grunge: Courtney Love or Kathleen Hanna.

Queen of Soul/R&B: Aretha Franklin

and feel free to throw in any other genres or artists you can think of! :) Thought it would be an interesting poll.

Favorite Answer

Rock: tina turner

Source(s): magazine

These are typically for their voice first-rate, but i admire most of their track too. :) 1. Kelly Clarkson 2. Haley Williams three. Colbie Caillait 4. Demi Lovato 5. Amy Lee 6. Fefe Dobson 7. Jill Paquette 8. Nelly Furtado 9. Michelle department 10. Sheryl Crow. ♥

• .

Blues: Susan Tedeschi

Diana Krall in jazz :)