Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 7 years ago

I have three small jack dempseys in a 55 gallon tank is the tank big enough for when they get bigger?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nope, not even close. Take your 55 and multiply three times. Take that number and you'll have and adequate size for them. The only problem with keeping 3 JDs in a 165 gallon tank is a territorial issue. There can be only one and they'll surely fight for reign of the tank.

Source(s): -B
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Nope, just 1 full grown J.D. in a 55 gallon.

For 3, a 100 gallon, minimum.

• Ash
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

How many other fish? 50-55 gallons is a minimum for them. If you have a lot of other fish in the tank I suggest more of a 75 gallon. But with few or little tank members they should be fine if you have adequate filtration.

• Brat
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

No, not even close. 2 is even pushing it for a 55. I'd say a bare minimum for even 1 Jack is a 40 breeder or a 55.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rozzi
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. in the event that they are each and each of an identical intercourse, you do not have adequate territory to maintain them from battling. 2. a million jack dempsey demands 40g for a whole existence. 3. in case you get a pair, the 0.33 jack dempsey would be in issue whether it fairly is a male.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

1 JD needs 40g to itself. A 55g will not be enough territory when they reach 1 year old.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.