?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 7 years ago

What do you think when people use being a teenager as an excuse to do stupid things?

My friends and i are not perfect.. we have done things like drive way too fast, pull pranks.. However, we NEVER have done things like drugs, drinking, sex, anything like that.

I don't see anything wrong with having a little fun, pulling some pranks. However, I think anyone who does drugs, gets drunk, and has sex, who also do not have recourse for their actions (feel its okay as they are young) are morons.

My friends and I were able to have a lot of fun without doing things we don't agree with...

• ғoх!
    Favorite Answer

Most use "YOLO" these days.

I don't really think they're making good choices, but who am I to judge? If they want to "be a teenager" and live by YOLO, then f*ck it and let 'em go. But I know I won't be doing it.

• .

Well, yes, you should have a little more sense than that. But I also know what it's like to be a "stupid teenager". I mean, when you're with friends and having fun, your sense of right and wrong tends to deterioate. I've done stupid things. I don't smoke or drink or have sex, but I know it's been tempting sometimes. I also know I'd probably regret it if I did. Which is why I try to stay away from that stuff. I mean, come on, who isn't at least curious as to what it's like to be high? But I also know I don't want to deal with the consequences and guilt I'd feel afterwards.

So yes, I do understand why some people give in. I just know they'll grow up eventually. I think the ones who do stupid stuff all the time, not just slip up once or twice, are incredibly stupid, though. There's a difference between trying weed at a party and smoking it everyday and saying "I'm a teen", That's just stupid.

Some of it is probably better to get over with now, but as Ṟise and Ṩhine ツ said, there is such thing as going to far. In a year or two, her friend will regret the sex and the drugs and all of that - provided there are no worse consequences until then. YOLO is not really an excuse at all for making a fool of oneself and risking their life and future just to 'be cool' or get a few laughs.

It's annoying and gives a bad name to teens in general because these bad decisions are what people remember. For some things, there isn't an excuse.

I'm not against experimenting, but don't risk these things for the wrong reasons. Yes, you are young. Yes, everyone hates teens anyways. But you have a lot of life left to live, so don't rush it.

Everybody, not just teenagers, want to do things without worrying about the consequences. There is always an effect to a cause. People aren't responsible enough to fess up to their mistakes or actions and in general, people can be very misguided by incompetent leaders.

Most people blame having sex on their hormones, but there is such a thing called willpower or 'self control' which many people do not practice. Drinking and drugs and smoking is a way some people relieve their stress and they are all addicting. We cannot judge people and call them morons for doing this but instead informing them about the dangers of these things, but it's up to the person to decide for themselves if they want to wreak havoc to their bodies and minds. What we can do is be as good role models for others as possible.

• Dibs

Thank you. You only live once, so don't do things that you will one day regret.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I go out to the movies/mall/beach pretty often with a group of friends. At the end of the day, we always crash at someones house. We manage to have a lot of fun without compromising our integrity. It is very possible to have a fun teenage life without being a moron.

I kinda agree, but kinda disagree too.

Your are only young once. When you are young (as in teenager, young adult) your body is stronger than it ever will be, and can probably handle more than it ever will be able to. You also have room to make mistakes more, because you don't have a lot of responsibility, so if you mess up it will be easier to pick yourself up.

I don't think it's an excuse to ruin yourself, and act like a total idiot and just plain stupid, but I am really liberal about things like drugs (obviously not like meth, but more lax drugs like weed), sex, alcohol. I think it's better if you mess up now and get that all out of your system, so you can straighten yourself up when you need to really be a responsible adult.

i might say think of of a diverse excuse. It in basic terms does not look thought out sufficient. Your mom might refer to somebody and locate out the the youngsters team did no longer pass on the trip or your chum might by risk say some thing to insinuate you weren't there. My suggestion is say you're going with some acquaintances she does not comprehend o.k. and say there in basic terms isn't mum and dad so she would be able to no longer call all of us and locate out this is no longer authentic. Or extremely pass with a chum and her boyfriend so this is fantastically much the certainty in basic terms pass away out that the boys would be there.

My best friend is 13. She smokes weed, and cigarettes. Shes had sex with 4 different guys. She says that she might as well do this stuff while shes young, instead of when shes older.

I think shes f*cking retarded. Shes ruining her life and shes probably gonna get pregnant. But oh well, I'm not gonna be there for her when she calls me up crying with a pregnancy test in her hand. Its her own damn fault.

Yeah, I do. Teenagers are just as responsible for their actions as adults are. We all know the difference between right and wrong, so why act like we don't?

They think they are old enough to be doing these things but not have to own up to it and take responsibility. They want the benefits of being a grown up, not the burdens.