transporting a Sailboat?

I a 36' sailboat that weighs 21,000 lbs , Can anyone tell me what it would cost to ship it from Haines,AK. to Green Bay, WI by truck.?

Favorite Answer

You have to get bids. . . It will be the only way you will get a half accurate estimate. As it all depends on where and how your boat has to be loaded and whats on the other end where it will be unloaded. Furthermore - turns, bridge and overhead wire height restrictions and potential route all makes a big difference.

You are looking at a 3,000 mile and a 60 hour drive time, so for sure, it will cost you a bundle - my guess is $4,000 won't pay for the cost of the fuel. Then you have 1 or 2 drivers, and possible a chase car or 2 - depending on all the state requirements for over-sized loads. I am guessing it will cost you nearer $15,000 then $4,000 for sure.

Get bids. . . It may well cost you more then you want to invest in keeping that boat.

• ?

Due North on the Mississippi River. Sail/Motor up-river, then once near port of destination, haul out and put on a truck. Enjoy the ride.

$4000

Source(s): totally wild guess - contact some boat moving companies, they should have free quotes

Why not sail it there on the ocean ?