J J
Lv 5
J J asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Has Pres. O admitted to "acting stupidly" for claiming his health care mandate is not a tax?

He needs a beer summit with a dictionary.

Update:

In reference to his quote about the police arresting a man he thought must have been wrongly arrested.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not a tax unless you choose to pay the tax over buying the health insurance.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Don't go all BreitBRATtian over the "mandate" provision in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) or its supplemental Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (HCERA), a.k.a., "Obamacare," that has about 1% of those who can afford health care but who opt to game the system by not taking personal responsibility when they become ill or injured (they pass the costs onto everyone else while they freeload) assessed a FEE FOR SERVICES RECEIVED at the end of the year.

So are you an advocate for freeloading and passing the costs on to the ones responsible enough to have coverage? And while we're on the subject of taxes, why would you or anyone jeopardize this nation's solvency by refusing to pay a fair-share in supportive taxes? Remember the words of John F. Kennedy, if you are old enough to do so: "Ask NOT what your country can do for you; ask was YOU can do for your country!" The era of ME! MY! MINE! and to heck with everyone and everything else (Ayn Rand's teachings) has to come to an end of you and your fellow right-wingers want the United States to survive and grow strong again.

• minch
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Obama is promoting "the sizzle." It fairly would not remember what it fees or the reality in his eyes. he will say something. the value, like a number of Obama's rules, will the catastrophic problems of the subsequent guy. ultimately, the government will give way from this is very own weight....basically like the former Soviet Union did.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I don't know. Romney claimed the same thing about his Massachusetts healthcare mandate.In time It got to be called a tax too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Who cares, we all know the game. No one cares about the technicalities of whether it's a tax or not, Obama just wants it passed.

• 7 years ago

Like his predecessor W he is not one to admit a major f up (or in this case a lie).

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Why have you put acting stupidly in quotations?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

i don't think he was acting..

• 7 years ago

No, he didn't.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.