Julia.T asked in PetsCats · 8 years ago

how can i get food for my kitty please help?

My Kitty Luna is a sweetheart she's super cute and falls in love with almost anyone, I live with my bf he's 21 and I'm 18 our family's are having money problems so they can't help us out, I'm very sick and can't work my bf gets money every weekend but sadly our bills were to high and we could only pay the bills and buy food is there any message boards or anything at all to help our Kitty Luna just until Saturday??? Please don't be heartless by saying give her away she loves us both and I got birthday money I spent all on our cat about 3 months ago that's how much we love her please someone help!

• cookie

eggs, cheap...and a cheap "large" can of dog food...much cheaper that a small can of cat food and will last longer...mix a little with cooked egg...cost 3-4 dollars..could last for a few days...could call a friend or family that has a cat...or dog for a little food...not the time for pride...everyone has been though hard times...especially when young...keep your loved kitty...better times to come...you can do it...don't worry about what others say....their are hypocrites out there...they can have bigger problems than you...but criticize your decisions...even a neighbor with a pet can help...best wishes to your lucky, loved, luna...

You need to Google both food pantries and animal shelters with the name of your town or city.

I have heard that some food pantries have pet foods. And I know that at least one animal shelter near me accepts pet food donations and gives them out to people in need.

Please check with your local food banks. Most of them will have food for pets to help families out in need. You can also check with your local shelters. They may have resources for you. Good luck and hope this helps.

Source(s): Owner of four cats, or do they own me? Pet nutrition specialist.