SC-Do you know what the 1st three digits of the bar codes means?

I like to share this with you. It helps me figure out if the products I am buying are really made in the USA

This link is safe to open!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/barcodes.a...

• S
    Best Answer

I am glad you shared that because I read an article sometime back on the bar codes, but could not remember what was what. They think they are being sneaky.

Posting this was a really good idea. Well done.

EDIT: What is wrong with you people. Who is giving all those thumbs down? Support foreign economies instead of your own - not too smart.

• jonds

Yes I do know, I don't open links.

No, but if I knew your full name and date of birth I could probably come pretty close to knowing your driver's license number.

• john

Thank you for the heads up.00-76 are safe.The others,purchase at your own risk.

• Keith

That is interesting. Thanks for sharing it. Of course we are all interested (or should be) in the origin of our purchases.

• ROXY

interesting thanks for sharing,I always buy made in Australia where possible,avoid food stuffs made in china as much as I can.

Interesting. thank you.

• Bob

Copied & pasted..

• ?

No I didn't know. That's good info. Thanks for posting it.