How is buying Cds from a Pawn Shop any different from Stealing Music from Youtube?

Okay, I don't steal music, but I am very curious. If you got to a Pawn shop, and pay three dollars for an album (I see where you're PAYING for it), how is it any different from downloading a song off of youtube? In the sense, that Pawn shops don't give their money to Record Companies, they just sell... show more Okay, I don't steal music, but I am very curious.
If you got to a Pawn shop, and pay three dollars for an album (I see where you're PAYING for it), how is it any different from downloading a song off of youtube? In the sense, that Pawn shops don't give their money to Record Companies, they just sell other's music without paying them. Downloading from youtube is almost the same thing, where, either way, the record companies don't make any money from it.
1 answer 1