Is 380 acp ammo the same as 380 automatic?

for bersa thunder 380

• Paco
    Favorite Answer

Yes...... "ACP" means Automatic Colt Pistol........... The .380ACP is also known by other names such as: .380 Auto, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, and 9×17mm..... But, all of these are the same cartridge.

By the way, congrats on the Bersa Thunder .380... I own 2 of them myself. My original was stolen, so I bought another to replace it, and then the police recovered my original, so now I have 2 of them... Excellent, accurate, and reliable little pistols, and, I feel, one of the better bargains in the concealed handgun market today.

• august

Thank you for asking- being sure that it's the correct ammo for your gun is ALWAYS a good decision.

And yes, .380 ACP is also called .380 Auto, among other names. Most of the time, here in the US, you'll see .380 ACP or .380 Auto.

yes it is. many rounds have several different names but are the same cartridge. Its good to ask first though if your unsure as buying the wrong type can result in injury if fired.

Source(s): years ago I had to ask the same question.
  • WC

One and the same.

• Karle

yes

but honestly I only answered to comment on Paco's answer......I am absolutely dumbfounded that the police not only found your stolen weapon....but returned it to you as well.......that is almost unheard of....

* Yes they are both one and the same.*

Source(s): * Run like a Deer.*...............Fly like an Eagle.*~~