Why did my Marine recruiter give up on me?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I approached my Marine corps recruiter earlier this year and started to talk to him about joining the corps. I even went so far as taking my asvab. I scored a 93 and i feel like i ...show more
Best Answer
  • NWIP answered 2 years ago
Why are you expecting him to call you? YOU want to join not him so when you talked to your family and came to your decision YOU should have called him. If this was a civilian job would you expect them to keep calling you? No and the military is no different. You were not his only recruit and when you didn't contact him after talking to your family with the same desire to join, he would assume you didn't want to anymore.
  • 3
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • ? answered 2 years ago
    First off, your nothing special. Your just another boot. I highly doubt that you will get your 20-30 yrs because its impossible to do nowadays. Just do your 4 yrs like every body else and move on.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • mgan answered 2 years ago
    I have a good idea....ask him!
    • 2
    • Comment
  • jonathan answered 2 years ago
    I highly doubt the previous answer. After you actually took the ASVAB and showed interest, a recruiter wouldn't just give up on you.

There are a couple of scenarios that may have occurred. He might just suck as a recruiter. Just because they are a recruiter, doesn't make him and expert. He may have also finished his tour as a recruiter and could be headed back to the fleet. He should have completed a "turnover" with the recruiter taking his spot but that could take some time. He could also be having family problems, like a child becoming very sick.

Call or even go up to the office. Ask him directly why he hasn't contacted you, if he is even there. If he doesn't have a good answer, get another recruiter. They usually always work in at least twos.

Source(s):

US Marine Veteran
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Yogi answered 2 years ago
    I was once on the street as a Recruiter. A shot in the dark for "ideas" would be you are grossly over weight, under age, missing fingers arm or some other part of the body. All recruiters no matter the branch are required to be polite and also during the conversation they scan you. They will continue to be friendly in hopes you will turn some more prospects his or her way. If you was to call them out on it I highly doubt they are going to confess to you. They have moved on more fish in the sea that one minnow.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Maria answered 2 years ago
    Recruiters have quotas to meet. Since you are good to go paperwork wise, he is saving you for a month he is short on numbers.

Source(s):

I know paperwork guys
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • David answered 2 years ago
    You were blindly going to throw your life away fighting wars for the rich and when you said you were going to discuss it with your family, he knew they'd talk you out of throwing your life away.

Source(s):

opinion. Brother served in the marines
    • 1
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock