Pain under lower left rib cage?

I had pain under my lower left rib cage for a couple of days now. A few centimeters lower than breasts. It hurts when I cough, take a deep breath or push on it. The pain is not that bad.

I have been coughing for the past 3 weeks, but it's gotten a lot better this past week. Before, I had a stinging pain in the right side of my lungs when I coughed. I'm coughing phlegm, not much and it's white.

I don't think it's connected, but I have also been having low blood pressure, dizziness and clogged ears (same as when you're flying in an airplane) together with clicking sounds in my ears whenever I yawn. I haven't been sneezing or had a running nose, so I don't think it was a cold.

I guess the pain could be a bruise from coughing?

Best Answer

This is the sort of complaint that calls for a thorough physical examination. It may be nothing at all, but you will not be at ease until a physician tells you exactly what it is.

Really you need a doctor to examine you and then maybe have an MRI to rule out gastric problems. There are quite a few different reasons why you may be feeling this pain and it would be safer to get a proper diagnosis face to face, especially as you seem to have quite a few co-existing conditions. It might do you no harm to take an antacid and see if that helps. If it does, then you will know it is a gastric issue that needs further investigation.

• Lexi

It may be because of the constant coughing. You are straining yourself. Try to do something to ease the cough. Drink orange juice and buy ovc medicine to help suppress it.

If possible make a doctors appt? Better to be safe than sorry but I'm sure your fine. I'm thinking just a little bug you caught and because of the coughing your straining yourself.

<3