Sims 3 Supernatural Not working?

I just bought the Sims 3 Supernatural, updated and installed it, but when I try to run it(on a Windows 7 computer that meets all the requirements)it tells me 'the sims 3 has stopped working' and forcefully closes(this happens just after it shows the loading screen). Why's it doing that? I tried... show more I just bought the Sims 3 Supernatural, updated and installed it, but when I try to run it(on a Windows 7 computer that meets all the requirements)it tells me 'the sims 3 has stopped working' and forcefully closes(this happens just after it shows the loading screen). Why's it doing that?
I tried re-installing and it didn't help. I googled it but there seems to be nothing to fix it. All I did find was someone with the same issue, saying the exact same thing:game won't work,even after uninstalling, re-installing and getting rid of all mods and custom content(I have custom content, but after what that user said, I really don't feel like getting rid of it until I know that's what's causing the problem).
I'm really frustrated that the sims has managed to screw up again, or so I'm guessing. Please help me if you've had the issue or know how to fix it!
Update: @The Ninja Llama Skittles: Really? I only have the one PC...Which computer of yours didn't work and which one did? Do you know why??
Update 2: @The Ninja Llama Skittles: Sorry, also...did either computer have custom content or mods installed?