Sims 3 Supernatural Not working?

I just bought the Sims 3 Supernatural, updated and installed it, but when I try to run it(on a Windows 7 computer that meets all the requirements)it tells me 'the sims 3 has stopped working' and forcefully closes(this happens just after it shows the loading screen). Why's it doing that?

I tried re-installing and it didn't help. I googled it but there seems to be nothing to fix it. All I did find was someone with the same issue, saying the exact same thing:game won't work,even after uninstalling, re-installing and getting rid of all mods and custom content(I have custom content, but after what that user said, I really don't feel like getting rid of it until I know that's what's causing the problem).

I'm really frustrated that the sims has managed to screw up again, or so I'm guessing. Please help me if you've had the issue or know how to fix it!

@The Ninja Llama Skittles: Really? I only have the one PC...Which computer of yours didn't work and which one did? Do you know why??

@The Ninja Llama Skittles: Sorry, also...did either computer have custom content or mods installed?

Favorite Answer

First thing to do with the sims when installing a new pack is to remove all custom content and mods. You don't have to delete it, simply put it in a different folder until you can find out if its the problem or not.

Second, windows 7 is known for giving grief to Sims 3 players. Its usually DEP, data execution program, which apparently thinks the Sims 3 is a malicious program and forcefully closes it. What you do is:

Go To Start - Settings - Control panel and select System. Click on the Advanced tab and in the preformance section click Settings. Click the tab for Data execution prevention and click the option to [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select] go to browse then find where your game was installed and add TS3.EXE to the list. (The program may just be called TS3) Make sure it is an EXE extention (right click, go to properties and it will tell you) Add all of the expansion packs you have to be on the safe side.

MAKE SURE YOU APPLY THE CHANGES AND REBOOT YOUR SYSTEM.

how do you dowland sims 3 supernatural

• Bonita

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axvjh

Yes It will Work. I have a mix of original games and "downloaded" games and they work ok. You will not have to use any Supernatural crack because your expansion pack will be original. But i suggest you to use mini-image in order to don't "break" the original DVD. (or you can just download the expansion using origin after register it on the official page or origin tool)

same thing happened to me Its either the programmers screwed up or we dont have enough freespace in our computers I installed in my desktop and it worked