Cherokee asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

How come people don't bring up John Stockton on All Time PG list?

I hear the usual names, Magic, Nash, Kidd, Thomas, Payton, Cousy, Robertson, etc, but no one ever brings up Stockton from what my experiences. I mean, he is the all time leader in assists and steals. That should count for something! He is a top 3 in my book.

1.Magic

2.Stockton

3.Robertson

Favorite Answer

John Stockton is my favorite point guard of all time, and I miss watching him play. Magic is better, but I loved the way Stockton played the PG position. I think he played it exactly the way it should be played and was intended to be played; pass first.

I agree with you, Stockton is 2nd all-time as far as point guards. In fact my top 5 all time are:

1. Magic

2. Stockton

3. Robertson

4. Thomas

5. Cousy

• yau

it rather is the precise 50 gamers in NBA: 50) Paul Arizin 40 9) Sam Jones 40 8) Paul Pierce 40 seven) Hal Greer 40 six) Willis Reed 40 5) Dirk Nowitzki 40 4) Steve Nash 40 3) Walt Bellamy 40 two) Bob McAdoo 40-one) Bob Lanier 40) George Gervin 39) Gary Payton 38) Jason Kidd 37) Alex English 36) Dave Cowens 35) David Robinson 34) Dwyane Wade 33) Walt Frazier 32) LeBron James 31) Dominique Wilkins 30) Clyde Drexler 29) Kevin Garnett 28) Patrick Ewing 27) George Mikan 26) Kevin Mchale 25) Bob Cousy 24) Charles Barkley 23) Scottie Pippen 22) John Stockton 21) Elvin Hayes 20) Isiah Thomas 19) Rick Barry 18) Julius Erving 17) Moses Malone sixteen) Karl Malone 15) Bob Pettit 14) John Havlicek 13) Elgin Baylor 12) Kobe Bryant 11) Shaq 10) Tim Duncan 9) Hakeem Olajuwon 8) Jerry West 7) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 6) Oscar Robertson 5) bill Russell 4) Larry chicken 3) Magic Johnson 2) Wilt Chamberlain a million) Michael Jordan

Maybe because of Bird and Magic rivalry Popularity that's why he is always behind Magic on best PG of all time. For me Stockton is the Best true PG in NBA all time leader in Assists and steals.

I don't think that is true. John Stockton is known to be one of the best PG in NBA history that never won a title...Probably the other players received more attention and made people forget about him.

• MM

Because he's not top 3.

Majority of his assists came from Karl Malone in the pick in role game. His passes weren't flashy they were usually just a normal pass. Oscar robinsonplayed with style, was a better rebounder than Stockton, and even played better defense than Stockton. Honestly, had Stockton never played with Malone, he wouldn't be on the all time assist chart.

• Because they're idiots.

Stockton is second on my list of PGs all time, behind Magic.

I don't know what you're talking about, most people who know anything about basketball knows Stockton is one of the best PGs to play the game.

i agree with u,Stockton is easily a top 3 PG of all-time

who says that? I always read or see stockton ranking as the 2nd best pg everytime i read an articles or blogs.

Stockton is being underappreciated by the current generation because they dont see him playing.

• Lee

I did! I brought Pistol Pete also. Did you?

Pistol & Stockton is the most fundamental PG ever!