Atheists, don't you think death is interesting for a Christian...?

Just imagine... you lived a good and righteous life up until now, with the occasional sin, but hey, Jesus forgives you. You went to church every or most Sundays and sang the cheesy songs. Now it's time to die and get your heavenly reward! Would there be a little bit of doubt lingering in your mind? What if these pesky atheists were right all along? You've hedged your bets, but... even worse, what if the Muslims were right? Would Allah let you into heaven? You prayed once a week, Allah wants five a day. *gulp* well... here's the big moment, I'll close my eyes and when I open them again...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sara
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

I think that most Christians really are afraid of death, and part of the relentless church attendance is buying insurance against the angry God they were told about so often.

Some sects fuel the fire by telling them that they must fear God at the same time that they love Him, and I don't mean "respect," I mean actual fear.

In spite of still calling myself a Christian, I'm not at all afraid of death, but it's because I had the classic Near Death Experience when I was nineteen, and encountered a dear-hearted God. I found the Other World to be based on absolute, unconditional Love. I was shown the actual answer, that God is nothing to fear.

• 7 years ago

Blessings to all. Yes death is very interesting to all christians, we all want to spend Eternity with God . maybe atheists should consider seeking the Lord, know that He can be found, before it get to late. I don't think any one should lived they life , with out the grace of God.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

after 14 years of working with dying patients, I think most theists are terrified of death. most aqre terrified they will be sent to the hell as described in Dante's Inferno.

• 7 years ago

Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at your hand. Yet if you warn the wicked and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered your own soul. Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at your hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul. Eze: 3:17-21

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Frog
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

The odds are definitely not in their favour, no matter who they choose.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It's not funny to them. They are tormented by doubt. Tormented.

• 7 years ago

And there will be Horus sitting there .....dang it ! Picked the wrong one !

• 7 years ago

...and Christians, please form a line over here...yes, I'm sorry, the Jews were right.

Source(s): Rowan Atkinson
  • 7 years ago

I don't care what you say on here. Do you even care that kids can read your slue. Allah is a demon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.