Wat asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What movies or shows would you recommend?

I would like to know what some of your favorite movies and/or TV series. I'm reaching the end of my interests on Netflix and I would love some recommendations.

I'd prefer Action, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, History, Crime Dramas, and even Anime.

My tastes range from Star Wars to Kingdom of Heaven to Ouran High School Host Club.

Any suggestions welcome. Well except for shows that teenage girls would watch.

Favorite Answer

TV =

The River

American horror story

Dexter

Carnival

Jericho

Pushing daisies

Reaper

True Blood

The BBC version of Being Human

Breaking Bad

Season 2 of "American Horror Story" is about set to air. Also, if you havne't been watching "Teen Wolf", it's super no matter how lame you might think it is from the title...very high production values, VERY scary and really well done. "The Walking Dead" finished up season 2, so rent it before Season 3 starts. Same reasons as for "Teen Wolf". They both had their detractors and lots of them, but I really loved the two Taylor Kitsch flicks, "John Carter" (imaginative, entertaining and engrossing" and "Battleship" (lots and lots of fun, with plenty of tongue-in-cheek humor thrown in). If you haven't seen the Bourne Trilogy, "Bourne Legacy" will confuse you, and will even if you HAVE, but it's very exciting and Jeremy Renner is on THE way to becoming THE new action star. "The Avengers" is great "popcorn" fun, but I kept having the impression there was supposed to be at least one movie BEFORE it that either didn't happen or is out-of-order..then I found out that "Nick Fury", with the exact same cast, is rumored and hopefully will happen and fill in the many plot holes in "Avengers" (specifically all the references that Black Widow and Hawkeye keep making to and about each other, as if from some film I never saw.) Ignore those plot holes and you'll have a great time. For atmospheric horror, see "The Raven" with John Cuscak as Edgar Allen Poe helping the Baltimore police solve a string of grisly murders based on ones in his stories..very cool; also "Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter", which sounds outlandish but has actually been taken seriously enough that even renowned Lincoln scholars have been debating it...there's just enough facts about Lincoln's life to make it both credible, interesting plus really exciting and intriguing.

Here's some movies you may or may not be familiar with, and may or may not like...

The Fall

Diva (1981)

Slaughterhouse Five

Spoorloos > (Original version of The Vanishing)

The Devil's Backbone

Catch-22

The Gift ..Diva, Spoorloos and Devil's Backbone are subtitled, hope that's not a problem, excellent movies imo. And yeah, the girls may like the "mushy stuff" but I see plenty of girls asking about horror movies and not just the "Twilight" stuff! lol Hope that helps!