Breaking the stereotypes of homosexuals?

Do you guys know people that break the stereotypes of homosexuals? Have you ever had anyone come up to you and after they find out you are gay say that you don't look gay? There are preconceptions of what a gay or lesbian or bisexual is supposed to look like.

I don't know if anyone has seen this video before but I just found it (been on youtube kick tonight) and it is an amazing video that breaks homosexual stereotypes. So let me tell you a story...

Mitt Romney is in New Hampshire campaigning. He walks through a diner and sees a Vietnam Vet and decides sitting next to him and talking would be a great thing for his campaign. After all, this man is older, white, military... he must be a supporter. So, uninvited, he sits down, and starts having a conversation... what he doesn't know is that the man is gay and sitting across the booth from his husband!

For those of you that don't like to click on links and go to videos, this is so totally worth it. You can see the moment Romney realizes that this man isn't a supporter and it is priceless. What do you think of this video and the inaccuracy of the homosexual stereotypes?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRN9Y5Nvdqk

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Favorite Answer

Most gay people break the stereotypes of gay people the problem is that they are presumed to be straight unless you are a guy and a purse fall out of you mouth. Similar thing is true for women,

No-one would dare go up to a guy who is not strongly effeminate and dare ask him if he's gay.

So if you only assume effeminate men are gay and ask them. Then how are you are going to find someone to break that mold.

It's like fishing for salmon by going to the local trout farm.

But the truth is everyone over the age of 30 has had someone they know fall way into the OMG so and so is GAY. I had no idea. I'm shocked!!

It's the fallacy of example. Giving a thousand examples can never be given as proof of some or most.

Formal logic

• lees

Well it relies particularly on the grounds that i've been informed i stroll and speak like a right puffy homosexual man and that i get dressed love it to, however i like doing physical games and there are different elements approximately me that might make me sorta like a immediately character!! But what's the crisis we're who we're regardless of if we're equal as every body else or stereotypical!! We can not care what humans believe!! BE PROUD!!!

Definitely interesting. Most gay people aren't stereotypical at all, either.