I need to make a customized mobile app?

Hi, I am needing a mobile app that I can download on a pda or smartphone. The smart phone/pda would have a scanner attached to it. The app needs to be able to bring up a price that is assigned to a barcode that the scanner would read. These prices would come from an offline log that is stored in the pda/smart phone. I would make the offline log of prices. After the app brings up the price, it would have the option to continue to scan and built a "checkout log" and have a finalize tab. The finalize tab would finalize the order, which would be in cash. It also needs to keep track of the amount of cash that has been used "processed" and the number of items that were processed.

How to I go about in doing this? Is there a person or place or website that I can pay to program an app to do what I need it to? Is there a place I can go to do this myself?

Favorite Answer

You have two options:

Learn to program, and spend months, even years developing skills.

Get a programmer to do it for you, and pay them.

If you want to learn to program you would have to understand what mobile device you are using, and then learn the language that the provider uses. This would involve downloading a client in which you program.

If you wanted to go about and purchase a developer, Check out Freelancer.com. You can set up a post with your needs and the DEV's go to YOU.

Source(s): Personal Experience.

wow. That seems.....yeah. Depends on the OS off the device. If its a windows device you can use visual basic and plugins to create windows mobile apps. For android im sure there is an adroid SDK out there that uses a sort of drag and drop interface. As for iphone, i dont do iphone lol.

I order to do this by yourself it would take a lot of time, and in the end you might not get what you are looking for. So it is advised to look for any mobile developer like http://Teknovate.com.au.

This would save your time and money.