Ok upgrading PC SATA Quest. I got a old IED ribbion CD rom dvd . But new board has 3.0 6.0 sata conections?

I got to buy a new CD rom dvd r/w . Becasue my old CD rom sony is a IDE ribbion . The new CD's SATA's are cheap enough $20.00 +- $10.00 . This board has no IDE anymore So this is a duel question. 1) Can i plug the new cd rom sata drive into either the SATA 3.0 or 6.0 Gb , p.s. only one 6.0 on this... show more I got to buy a new CD rom dvd r/w . Becasue my old CD rom sony is a IDE ribbion . The new CD's SATA's are cheap enough $20.00 +- $10.00 . This board has no IDE anymore So this is a duel question.

1) Can i plug the new cd rom sata drive into either the SATA 3.0 or 6.0 Gb , p.s. only one 6.0 on this board so thats for the H drive anyway .

2) I have old sata data cables from other sata/ide boards i never used . Do i need a speaical sata cable for the red 6.0 gb sata port ,Or will the cable work on both 3.0 and 6.0 I thinks it's the hardware that matters if it can push 6.0 gb out the back into the MB.
1 answer 1