Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Will cons convince themselves that the Clinton speech did not just kill anything Romney/Ryan have to say!?

Just like a tub of water poured on a burning match!? I'm sure they'll say it meant nothing and that THEY didn't bother to watch it. But guess what. Independents and Undecided voters will decide this election, and they DID watch. Clinton just exposed all the lies Romney and Ryan told in Tampa AND their attack ad that features HIM, their bias in serving the rich, and laid out in a clear and simple way the destruction their policies would cause. It was really really good. See source. Romney has to be crying right now!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/us/politics/tran...

@TicToc -- Thanks for showing us the con mentality. See, I'm a big sport's fan. But, although I will not vote for Romney, I'd have watched the GOP convention had the Superbowl been on. Why? Because I want as much information as I can get. If they inform me of something negative about Obama -- and it's true and not a usual lie -- I want to know that. But MOST cons would elect ANYBODY, as they've said, without getting any information, just to get the Black guy out, and THAT is an incredibly stupid stance to take. That's why I and others have no respect for most cons!

@Arthur -- THANKS!! I love it when an idiot tells me I lack intelligence. It's a compliment!

@Jake -- I agree with some of what you're saying. However, I have been watching politics very closely since April of 2011. And I know most people do not. But my point is Republicans have taken the usual lying we expect of politicians to places no politician as gone before!! Their actions since Obama was elected have been sinister to say the least. And in one 48-minute speech, Bill Clinton did what I have been waiting for Obama or some Dem to do for a long time: Effectively counter Republican outright lies and obstructionism, call them out for doing it, explain the folly of their policies and plans, and make the comparison for the future between these two campaigns. Say what you will, but Independents and undecided voters who saw it had a lot to think about!

@timetravler -- And you likely say it's a lie that Republicans, particularly the House GOP, have deliberately blocked and obstructed anything Obama tried to do to make progress on the economy, am I correct? This is why no one who is watching politics takes you seriously.

• kadel
    Favorite Answer

Good question. As a matter of fact, the polls show that after the DNC Obama went up and Romney went down. They do twist it all and Ryan's speech was a pack of lies. Notice they said they aren't going to pay attention to fact checkers. The cons will ignore Clinton, but Obama was never going to get their votes anyway. I'm sharing John Stewart's hilarious take on Clinton's speech for your enjoyment.

Jake gave the best answer. Yes Clinton did give a good speech. But he twisted the facts. Like when he explained how you can save money on gas by buying a car that gets great millage. Only problem with that is Hybrid cars cost a lot more then regular cars and it would take 10 years to break even. nd who can afford to buy a new car now. Clinton did that on most of his answers about Romney. One other huge difference is Clinton did know how to work with the GOP. Obama doesn't.

I get so tired of seeing these....The republicans will say the exact same thing about Romney's speech. Oh, it was so powerful, it crushed obama, he has no chance now! How could anybody vote for him after that speech!

Every politician lies and twists the truth to bolster their own argument. The problem is that stupid people will believe what they have to say without researching it themselves.

you could't because of the fact the Democratic occasion has confident them that the rustic owes them and that they are incapable of looking after themselves so the govenment has to guard them.

i noticed the DNC was checking ID's to let people in. now haven't dems been arguing that ID checks keep the poor, and minorities out?

so why the ID checks dems?

• ?

Ah, another post from you lacking anything resembling intelligence. Congrats on that.

I didn't watch it as most Americans were watching the football game instead.

They will try.