Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Does the fact that so many people believe Zakir Naik to be a legitimate scholar ever make...?

you ashamed to be a member of the same species? The man manages to be so profoundly stupid that listening to more than a couple of his talks at a time actually gives me a headache, and yet so many otherwise sensible people allow themselves to be duped by him.

For those who don't know who he is, this is one of his more... famous... lectures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRVJSQnejyE

Youtube thumbnail

&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DNRVJSQnejyE&gl=US

Favorite Answer

Zakir Naik is an incredibly weak apologist, and he only plays well to people who already believe his nonsense.

He makes William Lane Craig look good by way of comparison, and WLC is a sophistic charlatan himself.

I've never heard of Zakir Naik but this is the case for soooooo many things and people... yeah, there's usually something daily that makes me ashamed to be a human being, or at least an American.

Source(s): eta: I was going to mention William Lane Craig. HTF do people think he's an intellectual?

Stupid people abound in religion. He is just more vocal and absurd than most.