promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Motorcycles vs. Cars?

Your opinion. Speed, handling, safety, fun factor,experience, cost, and gas mileage. Which do you think is better and why?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

speed: acceleration a motorcycle hands down, and top end speed may be higher depending on what bike.

Handling: Through traffic a motorcycle at high speeds and sometimes on the track. But I would feel unsafe with the cycle tipping over at every corner steeper than normally. Unless of course its a bugatti veyron, in which that would kick the cycles ***.

Fun Factor and Experience: It depends which bike and car, if its a sporty bike on a nice road with high speed a bike because its more involved than a supercar.

Cost and gas mileage: Gas mileage is almost always better in motorcycles, only because its a lighter weight and the engine doesn't need much power to go fast a good kawasaki ninja 600 can get almost 60 MPG! Cost it depends on what kind of bike and car.

Safety: Car hands down, I would rather crash at 60 mph in a well built honda with a 5 star crash safety rating than any form of motorcycle.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

For versatility, a car is better than a motorcycle. A car can carry more passengers and/or cargo, is more comfortable in bad weather, and if involved in a collision, is a safer place to be.

Having said all that, a motorcycle is far more fun to ride comparing to driving a car.

• 8 years ago

For me, the motorcycle wins all catagories except safety....and that's pretty close if a person doesn't ride like an idiot. On a motorcycle, you do a lot to control your own destiny........

Source(s): Commuting 30 miles a day, 6 days a week......the gas savings makes my bike payments and pays for the insurance, too.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.