Romeo and Juliet law in Texas?

Okay so I read the law I'm 18 and with a 15 year old 3 months now and we love eachother everything's amazing and both families and parents approve..what I want to know tho is it illegal to have sex? Orin just afraid someone will accuse of it! Not saying we will but I know her sister lost it when she was 14/15 to an 18 year older and nothing happened like he was never arrested!

So is the three year cut off only for dating or what?? Cause I'm confused! Btw I look 16 and she looks 16/17 ish so no one says anything

• Chet
    Favorite Answer

Under Texas law, it is illegal to have sex with anyone under 17 UNLESS: (all must be true)

1 there is no more than 3 years age difference

2 not a registered sex offender

3 the victim must be 14 or older

4 of opposite sex

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/...

There are no dating laws, so it is legal for an 18 year old to date a 15 year old.

For sex, it would be legal for a 15 and an 18 year old to have sex. IF there is NO MORE than 3 years difference in their age. This means to the day, not 3 years and one day older. Also for the sex to be legal between an 18 year old and a 15 year old, the 18 year old must no be a registered sex offender, and of opposite sex.

I'm an 18 year old boy and my girlfriend is 15 years old and we met when I was 17 and she was 14 years old we've been dating for a year and one in half mouths would that be legal cause we met when she was a freshman and I was an Junior in high school

Romeo & Juliet law? not familiar with it. it would probably be much better to use the "keep your mouth shut about it" law and everything should be fine.

Does the Romeo and Juliet Law applying to one under age girl and multiple boys same age or one to two years older engaging in sexual intercourse all at one time?

Did you really just say keep your mouth shut?