Veterinary schools in Australia?

I want to be a veterinarian and am interested in studying in Australia.

I would like to know which are the best vet schools in Australia (those that offer bachelors degree only please!) where vet med is an undergrad degree.

Also, which cities are the safest for girls?

• Bob B
    Favorite Answer

In Australia, all vet degrees are bachelor's degrees. The degree you need is a Bachelor of Veterinary science. In Australia, all such degrees are regulated by the Australian Veterinary Association (linked below). Having such a degree entitles you to professional registration in Australia, however you should check to make sure it will be accepted in your home country- Australian degrees are generally well-regarded however professional registration requirements vary between countries.

I've linked the AVA's website below which outlines the education system used for Vets in Australia.

As for safety, Australia as a whole is generally one of the safest countries around. Every city has some bad parts, but overall crime rates are much lower than most developed countries. I recall one study rated Adelaide as Australia's safest city for international students, but the difference is not significant. I've lived in Sydney for 21 years and hardly ever have I been in a dangerous situation.

you won't be able to grow to be an 'equine' vet - you need to qualify as a vet dealing with all animals earlier specialising in in simple terms horses. as quickly as you have qualified, you will would desire to get a job with a vets training and then after some years of everyday artwork you may get a job with a training that specialises in horses. that's a great style of no longer ordinary artwork!