What are the keys of Bm (PIANO)?

I was trying to figure out the key of the song "The Special Two" by Missy Higgins. The program I use, FL Studio has a 'scale' function, that shows you Major, Harmonic Minor & Melodic Minor scales for whatever note you click on. I thought the song was in B minor key, and e-chord.com lists the... show more I was trying to figure out the key of the song "The Special Two" by Missy Higgins.

The program I use, FL Studio has a 'scale' function, that shows you Major, Harmonic Minor & Melodic Minor scales for whatever note you click on.

I thought the song was in B minor key, and e-chord.com lists the song as being in Key: Bm (which I assume means B minor?).

The problem is that A seemed to fit with the song, although according to FL Studio's scale, B Harmonic Minor is B, C#, D, E, F#, G, A# and B Melodic Minor is the same but with a G# instead of a G.

E-chords lists the chorus as going Bm, A, D, G.

If the song is in B Minor, how can it have an A note in it if the B minor scales don't include A?

Sorry for my ignorance and thankyou in advance for any help anyone is able to give me.
1 answer 1