How can people actually support candidates like Obama and Romney?

This is really starting to irritate me. Romney will not make America bounce back, and neither will four more years of Obama. They are both in it for corporate interests, their pockets lined with cash from Goldman Sachs. They will both continue the senseless wars in the middle-east, wars that nobody wants. Republicans vote for a candidate to decrease the size of the government, but don't any of them understand that supporting these wars is the greatest incentive to increase governments power? Democrats vote for a candidate to stop out of control corrupt corporations from screwing the American people, but don't they understand that corporations are in bed with the government? The Democratic candidate won't stop the corporations, and the Republican candidate won't stop the expanding government.

When will people wake up and realize we are on a path leading to ultimate self-destruction, we can't keep electing these men hoping they will keep their promises of ending wars and reducing spending. We had the opportunity to elect a man that would have brought our troops home, and decreased government spending, repealed the unconstitutional legislation that has torn our rights away from us, but you blew it. You sold out to Romney, you sold out to Obama. There will be no change, the government and the corporations will continue to screw you until the end of time if you don't get someone in office like Ron Paul.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

you know what you get in America when you vote third-party

you get punished with an idiot like Bush... Obama is certainly not my idea of the dream candidate. but being in a true battleground state, I really don't have any choice but to go in there and vote for him.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

The problem with a third party candidate that would happen to win the election is they still would have to work with Congress, which is full of either Democrats or Republicans! This president would still not be able to get anything done! Hell, President Obama had a Democratic majority in both houses of Congress his first two years and still accomplished absolutely nothing! I guess our Congress is the "best money can buy!"

• 7 years ago

Under Obama

- Lowest consecutive GDP quarters than anytime in our history

- Unemployment has nearly doubled

- More workers fall out of the labor force than anytime in our history

- Minority unemployment is highest in 30+ years

- Young worker unemployment highest since tracked in the 1950's

- Unemployment over 8% for 43 months, ....never has happened in our history

- 38% increase in Americans living at or below poverty,.... more than anytime in our history

- 36% increase in homelessness

- 13% more Americans WITHOUT healthcare today than 4 years ago

- 50% increase in debt

- 4.5x more people on food stamps

- 3x more people on welfare than anytime in our history

- In 3 wars instead of 2 and about to be a 4th with Syria

- Gitmo still open

- More companies have filed bankruptcy than anytime in our history

- 25% increase in home foreclosures

- Under Obamacare women can only get pap smears every 4 years instead of annually

- Under obamacare mamograms every 3 years instead of annually

- The real war on women

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Zionist Globalists would never let someone like Ron Paul in the White House.

Source(s): Adolf Streich
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I agree , but I don't think the Libertarian anti - union and privatize everything is the answer . We need a true Independent Party candidate able to stand up for worker's rights to be as much as a part of the business cycle as the investors . The right candidate could go a long way to lead the movement to break away from politics as usual . Both sides talk about the debt , spending , and tax loopholes and neither will address the issue honestly and end base line budgeting .

We the people need to hire a management team and throw out the CEO extractionists / extortionists and their lobbyists .

• NCR
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

yeah vote third party! that always works. Way to re-elect Obama. The goal is to defeat OBama, we can go from there. If Obama is re-elected he is going to do much, much more damage to the country. I don't know if you heard, but the federal government just mandated a takeover of the 6th largest industry in the united states and now a bureaucrat will have control over your health. You're going to go from being a citizen to becoming a subject. I addition there will be $500 billion in new taxes. Romney wants to lower tax rates

If you don't vote for Romney, basically you can just go to hell

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

For sometime,I have been voting Third party, and what I notice was when 1/3 of us voted for green party to protest the idiocy of both parties the Democrats did what ever they can to destroy the prospect of third parties. Even though things have gotten worse, we see even less of threat for third party candidates. As for Romney supporters, Romney atleast merely a suspected failure oppose to Obama which is a proven one. Just because of his bias, sometimes people will suprise you. Granted it's rare.

• 7 years ago

This is truly historic: and it's history repeating itself. You can look at history to see how to take control of a country.

People have been made blind by spite by the 2 party polarization. Otherwise corruption would be obvious: footage of RNC corruption & revolution in progress - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFBG4dvSSo

Youtube thumbnail

Here's an ironic vid that shows media manipulation AND Ron Paul support in ONE graphic:

CNN poll (inverted) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bskuJNYzU

Youtube thumbnail

So people are catching on. We need to keep educating people, without talking down to them. It's essential to avoid polarization and ego fighting.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I do. I support our President Obama. He is a loving and caring person. He deserves another 4 years and my vote will go to him. Obama and Biden in 2012

• 7 years ago

I realize you have latched onto a popular line in saying "a pox on both their houses" and alluding to the whole "corporate interests" as though this applies to both parties. But you are NOT CORRECT in attributing the "corporate interests" tag to President Obama---you are dead WRONG!

In early 2009, President Obama summoned all the CEOs of credit card companies to the White House to convince them to sign off on his proposed legislation: To put an end to predatory fees and to have them halt shady billing practices...and he WON! We now have the Credit CARD Act of 2009 that provides the consumer protections that he wanted (see whitehouse.gov for details). President Obama also is one of the first U.S. Presidents to actually STAND UP TO WALL STREET and to the BANKS (banksters) who were complicit in causing the FINANCIAL SYSTEM MELTDOWN in 2007 and 2008 and then tried to use the Bush/Cheney bailout dollars to line their OWN pockets instead of trying to help the homeowners effected by the HOUSING/CREDIT MARKETS' COLLAPSE. He has consistently shown political courage on behalf of the American people, and we have the Dodd-Frank banking reform laws in place to prove it.

Have you such a short memory that you have forgotten how President Obama convinced BP's then-CEO Tony Hayward to ignore the Republicans' "limit" of $25,000,000 for damages in case of spills and got him to agree to $20 BILLION upfront to be placed in escrow and a commitment from Haywood to pay all damages that might exceed the escrow amount. He also convinced Hayward to put up $100,000,000 for displaced oil-rig workers. That's a whole lot more, wouldn't you agree, than the GOP's corporate-COLLUDING puny amount?

Ron Paul might make an excellent auditor or overseer (even though he does not believe in government oversight he has often claimed) for the SEC and the Federal Reserve, but he is TOO EXTREME to ever be a good president, and the Republican party will continue to lock him out as much as they possibly can. I think he should endorse President Obama and ask to be given a position as auditor and overseer for the two agencies against which he so often rants.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.