Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

I'm 13 and thinking about having sex?

I'm 13 and recently I've been thinking about having sex, why is it so bad to do? I mean you only have one life and you really never kno when you'll die(you can die any second) so why not do something wild?!? I'm not one of those yolo kids but I wanna actually LIVE LIFE! I don't wanna wait--what If I wait to much and miss out on things!?!?! I mean I've heard 8 yr olds having sex and I'm 5 yrs older than that I should be allowed to do stuff like that! Waiting is seriously boring! And I kno when I'm 60 or 70 I'm going to think life is too short for waiting and I'm gonna wish I'd done something teens my age done b4! I'm Catholic and I'm not suppose to have sex till marriage BUT I notice in the bible and in BC that 12 yr olds had family's together so they were having sex when they were what 9 or 10 right? It's my life I can do whatever I want and life IS too short to do nothing! If I get pregnant yeah that's bad but I'm not gonna have abortion that STUPID! As bad as this sound don't you guys see some truth too this?

Everybody should be doing something big! Sex isn't bad it's in the bible for GOSH SAKES! Does anybody agree with me here if not reel me why?

Say whatever you want I promise i won't be offended.

I'm trying to get a lot of answers of opinion that's why I asked again.

I'm not a yolo kid and I was just trying to make a point. But I am thinking about doing it I'm not Completly sure yet okay calm down

• Favorite Answer

Sure, it's cool to go out and do something because life is short. You're right in a sense. That doesn't mean you're actually emotionally ready to have sex. It requires a certain amount of maturity to go out and make that kind of relationship with a person. Sex is fun and all, but at the right age when you can actually take of YOURSELF let alone another human being. Right now, you're young, immature and headstrong. That's great!! Go out, get a hobby, do something fun! Don't be like the YOLO kids though, as you've said you're not one. The fact that some 8 or 9 year old kids have sex just says volumes about how effed up our society is at the moment. You shouldn't do things just because folks did it in the bible (that was thousands of years ago, and they also did tons of other things which you would find unsavory). I'm glad you wouldn't want to get an abortion, but consider that you'll either have to give the baby up for adoption or work your @ss off to try to feed him or her. I think you need to really grow up a little before you go have sex, as immaturity is doing something that gives you pleasure without thinking about the possible repercussions on you or other people.

oh god.

Okay, first of all, if you think that "8 yr olds having sex" then you must be on crack. Just how many kids do you know in grade 4 who are sexually active? None, unless they're being raped. Seriously, zero.

Second, the fact that you're "5 yrs older than that" has nothing to do with whether or not you are emotionally ready to have sex, which I can garentee from this post you're not.

Thirdly, yes in the old days people did get married young, but that was because it was normal back then. And, they waited for marriage, so I can garentee they weren't having sex at "what 9 or 10 right?" Also, the purpose of them having sex was to reproduce, not to have fun. And do you know just how many of them died in childbirth because they were incapable of carrying a child full term and giving birth?

Fourth, you shouldn't be having sex because " you really never kno when you'll die so why not do something wild?" You have sex because you love someone, and are ready to take the next step in your relationship. Do you even have a girlfriend/boyfriend to have sex with? You also shouldn't be doing it just because everyone else is (they're not, trust me). People are ready for sex at different ages, and you my friend, are not.

Last, are you even aware of the consequences of sex? You can end up pregnant, or with an STI, neither of which you are prepared to deal with. And please, don't just say we'll use a condom, because guess what? Condoms are not 100% effective. They break. You get semen elsewhere. You forget to use one. You can still get an STI with one. You can stil get pregnant with one.

Don't do this. YOLO means to actually do something with your life, not have sex because you could die any second.

Please don't. I lost my virginity at 16 and regret it to this day. wait. Its not forever, Find that guy that you really Love and want to be with the rest of your life. if you don't you will regret it that's a promise. Because once you find the right one and you have already lost your virginity you will wish forever and a day that it would have been with the one you love. You are too young to know what love is just yet. and you refer to the bible having 12 year old's have family's already that is because when you started your cycle you was considered a woman then and had arranged marriages and for some reason I don't see an arranged marriage in your immediate future. So PLEASE stop, Think and be young cause you are only young once but that mean's being with friends, playing sports and getting a good education. Not hopping in bed with every available guy that walks by.

• ?

I would wait till you find someone you trust completly and love i lost my virginity when i was 13 and had sex more then a few times after that but i never actually enjoyed it till i was 17 and met a guy who 8 years later im still with ... dont do it just to do it ... right now your untouched totally pure in that aspect and you would be surprised to find out what a turn on that is for guys when your older that doesnt mean you cant experiment juat hold on to that one thing till your completly sure about who your going to give it to good luck :)

• Phable

Please... dear god, tell me this is a joke.

If you're serious, than you're the biggest hypocrite on Earth, even if you are 13.

You sound like a slutty catholic, YOLO teenager from what you just described.

Sex isn't something that you just do. When you give it up to some guy you won't remember in five years, you'll regret it. I'll put money on that. Stay classy.

EDIT: Yes, you are a YOLO kid. No, we do not need to calm down.

I had sex at a young age for pretty much the same reasons...

It's really a personal choice. Obviously because you're 13, people are going to be like "holy ****, you're way too young for that!", but that won't make you change your mind.

I think the age of consent is set (in the US at least) for 18, adulthood, because you are expected to make mature decisions; use protections from diseases, etc.

As long as you are comfortable in the relationship and are always enjoying it (like, it's not rape. Obviously you would enjoy sex, lol) and you make sure you use a condom every time, then I don't see a big problem with it.

However, if/when people find out they probably will think of you differently. I had friends who wouldn't talk to me after they found out i've had sex..

One more thing, women take sex more seriously and on a more emotional level than men (that's proven somewhere). You could develop some self-esteem or codependency problems from it... Like, you don't ever want to feel like sex defines you.

Ultimately, Sex is a way to express love. It can be romantic, fun, or a way to conceive a child and begin a family.

Whatever you choose to do, be smart about it! 13 isn't as young as it sounds and I know that from experience. But if you want to be respected for your decisions, make them good ones. Use protection, don't sleep with old men or crazy people, and don't record it on video or anything.

Source(s): Personal experience If you need any further help, you can email me at Elizaluppi@yahoo.com :)

You need to read that Bible a little more. 13 is way to young for sex. I am sure that you know girls that are having sex at your age, but I promise you that they will regret it, and if you do it, you will too. Don't you have more respect for yourself then to give yourself away? Ask yourself this question "Do I want to be a skank, or do I want to be Marriage material? Its your choice either way. But it sounds to me like you need to re evaluate your life and focus on healthier things for your future like sports or education. If you start sleeping around at 13. Your going to have a bad reputation.

You certainly don't sound mature enough to be having sex.

What 8\9 year olds are doing it? Wow shocking.

Do yourself a favour enjoy being a kid, climb some trees or something.

I have no more faith in humanity. The fact that your too immature to realize your a yolo kid says it all.

Source(s): 16 year old with common sense

No. Just no. I hope you're joking. I've lost all faith in the human race. I'm ashamed to be a teenager right now.

:D

xoxo