What should i study to help solve the world's global warming problem?

I want to study something in college that will give me the opportunity to solve some of the toughest challenges facing the world today, but i don't know where to start. I could study environmental science, or climate change science and policy, or sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, conservation or... show more I want to study something in college that will give me the opportunity to solve some of the toughest challenges facing the world today, but i don't know where to start. I could study environmental science, or climate change science and policy, or sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, conservation or even politics. But i don't know which course of study will provide with the knowledge to do something meaningful in the fight against the destruction of the world's environment. Should i be trying to raise awareness through education and activism, or getting involved in the science of the subject? Or maybe i should study politics and try to become one of the decision makers in government who decide how best to handle the environmental resources of my country (Ireland), although i feel that this is limited in terms of global change. Can anyone give me some advice on what the most useful course of action i can take is?
Update: NOTE: please don't bother posting AGW skepticism replies, i've been researching this issue for almost 5 years, i am myself very skeptical, but i have found no legitimate evidence which can refute the general consensus that human activity is a force of nature which is disrupting the natural balance of the... show more NOTE: please don't bother posting AGW skepticism replies, i've been researching this issue for almost 5 years, i am myself very skeptical, but i have found no legitimate evidence which can refute the general consensus that human activity is a force of nature which is disrupting the natural balance of the Earth's climate faster than living organisms can adapt to it. I've spoken with climate scientists and environmental researchers, all of whom are independently funded and peer-reviewed in their work. I've been to ESOF in Dublin this year, and heard it from those who i believe know what they're talking about and who have no political or monetary interest in the proliferation of inaccurate data or conclusions.