How come when i search something on Google then click the link it opens up a new page(Google Chrome Browser)?

Recently my computer went really F**cky on me and it turned off and i wasnt able to turn it back on. Then when i finally got it working i found that Google Chrome had updated itself and downloaded and installed a bunch of extensions to my computer. They were dumb and useless and slowed down the browser so... show more Recently my computer went really F**cky on me and it turned off and i wasnt able to turn it back on. Then when i finally got it working i found that Google Chrome had updated itself and downloaded and installed a bunch of extensions to my computer. They were dumb and useless and slowed down the browser so uninstalled them. It worked fine for a but then i noticed that every time i search on google and click a link it opens a new tab, it never use to do that and its pissing me off. Can someone help me, ive looked through google chrome settings but theres nothing in there, unless i missed it. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Update: K idn what happened but i deleted the default folder and then a reopened chrome and the tab thing still happened. So i put the folder back.(used the magic of CTRL Z) but it still does it. what is that other link you sent me