If we make roughly $35,000 a year, how much can we afford on a home loan?

Three years ago my husband purchased our current home with only his income for $50k and he was making only $10 an hour. This is completely affordable to us. Now though, we are looking at buying a bigger home as our family is growing. The home we are looking at is listed in the $80k range and my husband is making... show more Three years ago my husband purchased our current home with only his income for $50k and he was making only $10 an hour. This is completely affordable to us. Now though, we are looking at buying a bigger home as our family is growing. The home we are looking at is listed in the $80k range and my husband is making now $13 an hour and we could list my income as well, which is around $10 an hour. We do have some debt but 2 of our loans will be paid off when we get our tax money next year. Does this newer home seem affordable? Personally I think we'd have no issue paying for a little bigger mortgage because I know we will have those 2 loans paid off in a few months and listing my income as well would only help our chances of getting approved for more money, am I right? Let me know what you think. Thanks for all opinions.