Nose piercing jewelry sinking into nose? Should I have it removed?

This morning, I went to the bathroom to clean my piercing with salt water, just as I have always been doing for months now, and noticed something odd about my nose stud. It was covered in what looked like newly formed skin. So I took a Q-Tip with some hot water and slowly got rid of that layer of skin until the... show more This morning, I went to the bathroom to clean my piercing with salt water, just as I have always been doing for months now, and noticed something odd about my nose stud. It was covered in what looked like newly formed skin. So I took a Q-Tip with some hot water and slowly got rid of that layer of skin until the jewelry was visible once again. It is now late at night and my nose stud continues to sink into my nose and get covered by either pus, or what seems like new skin. I have tried to move it upward, just so it does not sink in and get "lost" in my nose, but I have tried it to a degree of my nose oozing blood, but no pain, not even a little bit.

Is my body simply rejecting my nose piercing and should I have it removed immediately or not?