Do you think it's racist for someone to have a confederate flag ?

Is it racist if my shirt has one, or I have a flag of it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

If you're white and have a confederate flag then it's considered racist by most. In fact now days if you're white and you have any flag you're already considered a racist simply based on the color of your skin not what flag you fly. Flags are supposed to symbolize nationalism not racism, but history has been written in such a way as to make whites (especially white Southerners) out to be racists not nationalists. You see it as a symbol of heritage and national pride, they see it as a symbol of hate, even though more hate and racism has been dished out much worse under other banners than the confederate flag itself, and those flags still fly!

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No. I have the flag in my room and a shirt with the flag on it. I'm not racist. I'm from the South so why shouldn't I take pride in it? It's not racist at all. Even the mall has a confederate flag hanging and no one has said anything about it.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Technically, no. But i'll warn you that many people interperet it that way. On the contrary, why do you choose to own a confederate flag, or a shirt with one on it? I'm curious to hear what you have to say.

• 7 years ago

Taking history into account, absolutely YES!

bp

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • blah
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.