Anyone thought of any good competitive sets for Keldeo yet in Pokemon Black and White?

Well, I got the Keldeos from the event at gamestop and was wondering if anyone thought of a competitive moveset, Evs, natures and whatever else. I see that Smogon is lacking one right now, so if someone would give me some ideas I would appreciate it.

Favorite Answer

Keldeo @ Life Orb / Leftovers

Ability: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Calm Mind

- Hydro Pump / Surf / Scald

- Secret Sword

- Hidden Power Ice / Ghost / Substitute

Max Speed because that way it at least ties with its siblings and will be able to outspeed most of the unscarfed metagame. Calm Mind to boost. Hydro Pump / Secret Sword for STAB and Hidden Power Ice for the Dragons and Celebi. It leaves you completely walled by Jellicent, but if you would stay in on that it would only Toxic you anyway. Substitute is great to evade status and scout, but most status-inducing Pokemon aren't damaged much by Keldeo's attacks (Slowbro, Blissey, Celebi, Jellicent again).

__________________

Keldeo @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance

- Aqua Jet

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge / X-Scissor

Aqua Jet is great priority, especially after a boost in rain. X-Scissor may be a safe choice for Celebi and Lati@s. It's also makes you less hax-weak. But Dragonite/Salamence and Gyarados will become much more of a problem, as they will force you out easily.

__________________

Keldeo @ Choice Specs

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature or Modest Nature

- Hydro Pump

- Surf / Scald

- Secret Sword

- Hidden Power Ghost / Hidden Power Ice

Being able to choose between the powerful Hydro Pump and reliable Surf/Scald is great. It's not like Keldeo has much special moves to choose from anyway.

__________________

Oh and something I found in a RMT:

[copypaste] http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3471...

Keldeo-Resolution @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

- Hydro Pump

- Secret Sword

- Icy Wind

- Hidden Power Flying

And finally, we have Keldeo. I am sure that many of you expected Specs, a lot do when looking at the team preview, however, I discovered that my team was weak to fast sweepers, and thus I needed a revenge killer. Everything on my team was working so I just chucked on a Scarf on Keldeo and thought “what the hell”, then went out and laddered. I suspect I am not the only person using Scarf Keldeo, however, it’s pretty rare, and I really think it should be used more. Under Rain, Hydro Pump still hits fairly hard on a lot of things, and its pretty successful at sweeping late game. I guess that I usually use Keldeo as a cleaner, since its going to outspeed pretty much everything late game, and Secret Sword / Hydro Pump is strong enough to take out weakened targets late game.

Asside from cleaning, Keldeo is also my revenge killer, letting me handle threats such as Tornadus-T, Genosect, or Jolteon if things don’t quite go my way. Quite often however, this requires a little bit of clever play. Usually, I will bring Keldeo in on something low on health and slower than Keldeo (as if I was using Specs), and then go for a kill with Hydro Pump. My opponent then brings in Jolteon or Tornadus-T, expecting to revenge, and then get owned by Hydro Pump, giving me Keldeo 2 KOs and still on full health. When battling, I usually take a look at what water resists are active on the team, what I need to do in order to sweep, etc etc. Latios and Celebi can usually be lured in and crippled by Meloetta, in fact, Meloetta handles most of the Keldeo checks anyway.

The moveset looks dumb, so I think ill explain it. Firstly, Hydro / SS are pretty standard, they are the moves you will most be using, and are pretty darn important. The last 2 slots are (imo) rather filler, since you don’t use them that much. I went with Icy Wind because I wanted to go with a Hidden Power to hit Grass types like Venusaur, as well as nail Croak / Virizion / Breloom. I might go back to Surf but the last two slots really are filler so I don’t mind too much.

• herbin

Keldeo Smogon