Can i wash my face with just water?

Well i have had red cheeks constantly for a few years now and it is really bugging me,i don't think it is Rosacea as i am only 14 and i don't have any spots around the red area. I suspect it is an allergy to something i am using on my face,so i am going to stop using everything. Would washing my face with... show more Well i have had red cheeks constantly for a few years now and it is really bugging me,i don't think it is Rosacea as i am only 14 and i don't have any spots around the red area. I suspect it is an allergy to something i am using on my face,so i am going to stop using everything. Would washing my face with just water be ok? It could be a food allergy,but i will test that in a few weeks time. Thanks.
Update: It all started as i hit puberty i think,as before that my skin was pretty much flawless