Can i wash my face with just water?

Well i have had red cheeks constantly for a few years now and it is really bugging me,i don't think it is Rosacea as i am only 14 and i don't have any spots around the red area. I suspect it is an allergy to something i am using on my face,so i am going to stop using everything. Would washing my face with just water be ok? It could be a food allergy,but i will test that in a few weeks time. Thanks.

It all started as i hit puberty i think,as before that my skin was pretty much flawless

Favorite Answer

Yes.

SOMEONE WROTE TO ME the other day, ASKING IF THIS BRAND IS BETTER THAN THAT BRAND - FOUND @ DRUGSTORES THEN WROTE ME BACK & THANK ME, SHE LOOKED @ HER MOM'S SKIN AND THEY WERE GOOD, BUT SHE USES ONLY WATER TO WASH HER FACE. There you go, an update.

Any kind of facial wash, you're leaving something toxic behind, it's not a matter of convenience, it's a billion dollar business that can do more harm than good to your acne. And sometimes we feel entirely virtuous about our skin-care regimen because it's full of SPF-- all year round!-- and cleansers and such. But the truth is, we may not realize that we're overdoing (or underdoing) something that can lead to the very thing we're trying to avoid: dryness, breakouts, accelerated aging, New York dermatologist Dr. Jeannette Graf. (I've been giving this same advice for decades, but she's proof enough!).

Take a shower everyday, use washcloth to exfoliate and bath & body wash. Hydrogen peroxide does wonders for acne. Visit their website for more tips & other uses. ONLY $1.

Acne medication could worsen what ever allergies you have, so instead of trying out one product after another, you're actually spreading it around.

The less products you use, the better for your skin. Use a bath & body wash like Suave, Irish Spring, Dove Body & Face wash in the shower, use a washcloth. Treat your face like the rest of your body, take a shower everyday or wash your face everyday.

The secret is keeping your face clean and oil-free. I also don't use liquid on my face for anything, and very little moisturizer, not even a dime size. Since my face is not dry. Good skin also comes from your good genes. Increase your fresh fruits & vegetables 3-5 servings per day. And programmed your mind to do this day after day, for the rest of your life.

The beauty industry is a billion dollar business, they know acne is everyone's problem, but instead of saying soap is drying for you, they have to invent an acne product that can worsen the skin as MANY TEENAGERS have experienced during hormonal change, but as you get older those are completely a waste of time & money!

Sometimes just the oil on your face from make up and lotions, even from your hair can travel to your face causing acne to come out. Others, from stress, hormones & diet or foods.

Google: FIVE FOODS TO EAT FOR BEAUTIFUL SKIN

All the vitamins & minerals you need for good skin care comes from all the healthy foods you eat from Mother Nature.

If acne's a problem, your pillowcases may be part of the cause. "They collect skin oil, dead skin cells, bacteria, and excess night creams," says David Bank, a professional Dermatology @ Columbia University/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. "But if nothing changed by 6 week the product will never work for you. Time to move on."

"If you have breakouts, dairy is the devil' it is inflammatory and will add hormones to your already hormone-rife system. Get calcium elsewhere, or try nonfat organic dairy products. For PMS breakouts, avoid dairy and bakery items the week before your period - sugar and flour are both causes for pimples and collagen." Dr. Jessica Wu, M.D. University of Southern California School of Medicine and author of the new book Feed Your Face.

A good example is Lily Collins: "When I travel to Europe, I go days without putting anything on. It feels healthier. I just never understood the idea of caking it on. The more you have on your face, the more there is to smudge and go wrong." Glamour - Sept. 2012.

As for your RED CHEEKS:

I've been protecting myself from the sun since age 9, but no matter, I got Discoid Lupus. Google that one. It was like someone punched my chin and it gave a purplish mark. It took 12 years for that to fade, so now I'm using a wide brim hat or umbrella for protection. Gene Simmons & Shannon both have been seen hold an umbrella during an event. They were invented before beauty products, for a reason. Google also Bullous Pemphegoid, photos, another skin disorder.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

Sources:

I have 5 decades of good skin care. My aunt & uncle are doctors.

Get a cleanser to remove the dirt and oils that can block your pores and get a toner! Toners balence the Ph in your skin so it will basically make your skin all one colour, I got a cucumeber toner a few weeks ago and use it everyday, now my face isn't even that red anymore

Good luck :)

For some, hair loss in accepted as just another one of those things that occurs with age. For others, it can come as a big knock to their self-confidence.

It's better to use natural products to stop hairfall than to go in for expensive parlour treatments, that may not help the problem. Learn here https://tr.im/vSVL6

Try these easy tips at home and see how effective they are in reducing hair loss

You can but it won't remove dirt and oils. You need a specialist cleanser and moisturiser for sensitive skin. It does sound a bit like rosacea or hyper-sensitivity.

Source(s): Beauty therapist

Yes, and also you can do that mix gramflour with rose water and apply it on your face as face wash. Or mix curd with lemon juice or just honey, water mellon also can be helpfull.

On the plant it is just a fruit, off the flower it is just a vegetable

My face is is dry so I use olay or baby soap ( baby soap is so gental )

I also use a wave you can now get a 3 dollar coupon so it will cost about $5

Hope this helps. :)

Source(s): my face.

Yes. Warm water.

Source(s): I am a medical student

I do it all the time so its perfectly fine. I would recommend Clean and Clear mosterizer. It helped me so much with redness.

You can use only water but it doesn't remove a oil from your face. So, you can use a cleanser.