Is there a minimum HDD size for this motherboard?

So, I was out today at Micro Center buying components for a new gaming machine I'm going to build. So far, I've got the power supply, motherboard, video card, CPU/processor, RAM, and the case. Now, when I inquired the salesman about buying a hard drive, the man said the minimum memory supported by our... show more So, I was out today at Micro Center buying components for a new gaming machine I'm going to build. So far, I've got the power supply, motherboard, video card, CPU/processor, RAM, and the case. Now, when I inquired the salesman about buying a hard drive, the man said the minimum memory supported by our motherboard was 500GB, but I think he was attempting to upsell me.

Here's a link to the motherboard:
http://www.microcenter.com/product/395441/M5A99FX_PRO_R20_Socket_AM3_990FX_ATX_AMD_Motherboard

Is it true that there's a minimum supported memory for the motherboard? I'm looking to only get around 300GB of memory, so I was wondering if that would be possible.