How do I give myself a makeover?

I'm in year eight (I'm 13 going on 14) and I go to a school with a uniform so I don't want any clothes advice (I'm pretty good with clothes anyway) but I need help with makeup. Usually I will have a shower and put my hair in a ponytail to go to school (I never really cared) but now I do care, and I... show more I'm in year eight (I'm 13 going on 14) and I go to a school with a uniform so I don't want any clothes advice (I'm pretty good with clothes anyway) but I need help with makeup. Usually I will have a shower and put my hair in a ponytail to go to school (I never really cared) but now I do care, and I want to look nice. I started straightening my hair and styling it in different ways and everybody keeps commenting on how good it looks. So I have never had much experience with makeup but I went to my friends house and we played around with my set (I have a huge set of eyeshadow, lipgloss, blush, bronzer and nail polish but I usually never use it, my mum wanted me to be all girly and bought it all for me) and we did each others makeup and then we did our own. I have blue eyes and brown, armpit length (?) naturally curly hair with blonde streaks (also natural) when it's straightened/dry. I want to use makeup to make my eyes look nice and make people notice me. I don't want to be the invisible girl anymore. So any tips for makeup would be greatly appreciated, and also some nail polish tips because I love doing my nails and having them look pretty but I can never do them myself. So any help welcomed :)
5 answers 5