Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

What is Da secret between hebrew and arabic...?

can we compare these words (spoken in

their Jewish dialect) with arabic

counterpart:

1. Eloh = Allah

2. Elohim (respect as in supplication in

prayer) = Allahum (respect as in

supplication in prayer)

3. Yahweh (in english Jehovah) = Ya Huwa (It is He {God Almighty})???

Can we revive hebrew with arabic?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • YoniA
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hebrew and Arabic are sister languages (both evolved from Proto-Semitic), so it's no secret that they share many similarities, including vocabulary.

1. Eloha (in Hebrew) and Ilah (in Arabic) are cognates. The word Allah actually means "the god" (combination of definite article "al" + "ilah").

2. Allahuma in Arabic is most probably a loanword from Hebrew (or Aramaic).

3.The origin of YHWH in Hebrew (the original pronunciation is unknown) is disputed. According to the Jewish tradition it is a combination of the verb "to be" in the past, present and future tenses (that is, god is eternal). Another etymology associates it with the Semitic root HWH/HWY, "to blow (wind)", "to drop (from the sky)". It is probably not related to the Arabic words Ya and Huwa.

The cognate of Arabic Huwa (he) is the Hebrew word Hu, with the same meaning.

Source(s): I speak Hebrew and Arabic
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Hebrew most likely works on three letter roots wwhich trade their meaning slightly with the aid of the vowels , prefixes and suffixes. These root words will also be just like Arabic words. Some examples Melech/Malik King Shema /Sami first manner hear and i think the 2nd in arabic has a identical that means. Baruch is blessed just like Arabic baraka Shalom/Salaam peace Nefesh is soul nafs in Arabic. Only a few examples one other fascinating thing in Classical Hebrew which I don't know if there's an equivalent in Arabic is the use of VaV meaning "and" in front of verb it alterations the annoying from past to future and vice versa . Often called Vav consecutive. Now not used in modern-day Hebrew in keeping with Wikipaedia I was just studying the Surah al Fatihah and trying to gain knowledge of it in Arabic. Used to be wondering what the Hebrew equivalent can be. My Hebrew is not particularly as much as it. Shem is identify Bu way in as a prefix El is God Rachum is compassion Differs for reward which in hebrew is on the whole Hallel (Arabic similar Khalil) . Hamid way more like grace I think. Rab/ Rabbi master Olom univers . Hebrew prayer Adon Olom Asher molach . Melech king Yom day Din is devout regulation/ judgement in Hebrew. The subsequent bit completely is beyond me though as i am not sure which Arabic word approach which anyway. . Does the Arabic phrase wabudu come from the basis for servant which is Eved in Hebrew?

• 7 years ago

No, nearly all languages have similar words.

French=Bleu

English=Blue

:O What's the secret link between these words??

• Both derive from Aramaic, so of course they are similar

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • YAHUEH...YAHUSHA...SWEET...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.