What jobs in US armed force are available to foreigners?

The definition of "foreigners" here refers to those without green card and citizenship.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you will have to have your 'green card' or you will get nowhere.

Chetak

• 8 years ago

That depends, on what area you are working in. If your country is a member of NATO or the UN you may be able to work in American managed divisions. To be classed as part of the American forces you would have to have a green card/citizenship, this is because of national security risks and national law.

It is possible to work with the american forces on a contractual basis, this includes interpreters, security suppliers or other related manufacturing roles - although the forces have a risk management policy, for example if you were of Iranian nationality, you would be seen as high risk therefore less likely to get the job.

To sum up, you can work with the american forces, but not in the american forces.

• dan h
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Without a green card, at a minimum, you can jot join the military. You must be able to work legally in the country. If you are a national of a country which the military has bases in, Germany or Japan for example, there are a number of civilian positions which you may qualify for.

• no
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Most that don't require citizenship for the security clearances.

I have seen foreigners performing security around Nuclear Weapons, Maintenance on Nuclear Weapons, and working in many areas of Intelligence.

Of the top of my head, I can't think of any particular job, it would depend on the security clearance and access. For instance, there are probably some position in the Nuclear weapons maintenance field that they can't fill, but others with the same job title that they can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

The military even has a expertise for Stripes application. So for those who possess a language talent they are able to begin you off as a Sergeant upon completion of your coaching and a pair of years in carrier

• knh959
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

None. The US military will only accept landed immigrants, not residents of other nations. Even landed immigrants are limited to enlisted ranks and trades that don't require high security clearances. (i.e. cooks)

For all those thumbs down. Read the links below.

• 8 years ago

You can work for AAFES, do civilian clerical work, or in the DFAC in Germany or Korea - that is about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.