Senior Citizens!, do you wear a wrist watch?.......Only some times, or all the time!...?

I am lost, without mine!....

Favorite Answer

Pocket watch with hands, not digital. I work with my hands too much and a strap gets caught in things. Plus the strap pulls the hairs on my wrist. Ouch.

Before I retired, my life ran to a precise time structure.

The day I left I took off my watch and have not worn once since.

My time sense has developed considerably though. I can look at the clock as I leave to go down to the shops and leave a message on my machine that I will be back at say.... 2oclock, and I usually am only about 10 to 15 minutes out!

It surprises me how the brain works. When time was SO important, I glanced at my watch every 5 to 10 minutes, and now I just dont have the need.

I wear a wrist stay up for the same intent that the army for the period of World struggle 1 started utilising them. Timing of an attack became important and the officers observed it simpler to appear swiftly at their wrists than to tug out a pocket watch. Cellular telephones are carried in pockets or in belt pouches which nonetheless require digging them out to check the time, while I just look at my watch on my wrist. As time goes on, the more youthful generations may work again to the watch, peculiarly when timing turns into more primary than being cool.

• Milton

I wear it when I go out. I have no need for it inside the house. There are clocks on every gadget. When I go out, I don't worry about what time I get back. It is simply a habit of about 68 years standing dating back to my first Mickey Mouse watch when I entered school. I still refuse to go digital. Analog will live as long as I do. I still love telling time the way I did when I was 2 or 3. "The big hand's on the one and the little hand is on the six!

I am bereft without mine & don't want to keep taking my mobile out to check the time as others do,my choice.

Even though we are retired there is often a time schedule in our lives & the public clocks we knew when we were younger don't seem to exist much anymore.

My husband wears his most of the time & if he has a mucky job to do he'll switch to a very old paint-covered one that still keeps perfect time.

• Joan

All the time. My watch is the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I take off at night. I am not constantly looking at the time, but if I take it off to wash the dishes and forget to put it back on, I feel lost without it.

• Karen

I haven't worn one for about 8 years. The last time the battery died, I realized that there are clocks everywhere: in the house, in the car, on my computer and on my phone. I'm near one all the time.

Now I wear pretty bracelets all the time. I enjoy a little bling!

• Laredo

I always wear my wrist watch when I go out, even if it is only to the local shops. The only time I do not wear one is when I am at home and not intending to go out.

I wear a wristwatch all the time.

I do not own a cell phone so I don't know the time w/o my watch.

To help protect the planet, I only wear the old wind-up watches.

I did not like to wear them and did only when working on a patient floor in the hospital.

My mother was lost without hers.