If Jesus was God & Jesus prayed to himself the Father did the Father pray to Jesus ? Whats the difference ?

• edoedo
    Best Answer

It can't because Jesus is not God himself.

Because One person can't pray to himself , it has to be another person to pray to God.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

So , how can he send himself down here?

Two persons can't make one.

It isn't important... ...Although, I think that if you pray to God, you pray within the title of Jesus and with the aid of the vigor of the Holy Spirit. I feel praying to God in the name of Jesus higher displays that Jesus is our intercessor, it can be variety of referencing the work of Christ, how he closed the hole between God and man. What's more, Jesus says no one sees the father except via him.

• trugoy

You will notice the Trinitarians accuse Jehovah's Witnesses of not following scripture yet they say Jesus had 2 natures, something never found in scripture. They expose themselves as hypocrites and as Jesus said, workers of lawlessness. They need Jesus to be God so bad, they have to twist scripture to attempt to prove it. For instance, "The father and I are one". This fails on all levels. Not only does it not prove Jesus is God, it doesn't show they share any equality.

I've asked numerous times about Rev. 3:12 and how Jesus while glorified in heaven (thus removing the 2 natures they love to preach even tho it's false) speaks of "My God" 4 times. They skip right over it and try to pretend it doesn't exist. It proves beyond a doubt to open-minded ones that Jesus is not God.

That is why he prayed to the Father. Never do we read of the Father praying to anyone. They confuse what is so simple. Satan has really blinded them to the truth of God. Sad they show complete disrespect for Jesus. He told us who to worship at John 4:23. By having their pagan trinity, they not only reject Jesus, they reject the creator of all, the only Almighty God Jehovah.

That is why I do subscribe to being a Jehovah's Witness because we stick to the scriptures. We don't have to imply anything.

• wgr88

No if, Jesus is God, Isaiah 53 tells the story of Jesus giving up His divine body to become one of us, Matthew 1:23 Jesus is God with us, John 1:1-3 Jesus our Creator and Redeemer Jesus came to take Adams place and was fully dependent upon His Father and lived a perfect life without sin we can to because of Him live without sin. The Relationship Jesus has with God we can have "if" we want it you see you and i are about as close to God as we choose to be, its a choice thing.

Source(s): The Holy Bible

When Jesus came to earth He came as a man. Even though He is God, He came completely as a man. Everything He went through, He went through as a man. He lived sinlessly as a man. He came not only to die for us, but to show us how to live. He lived as we should, completely dependent on the Father. That's why He prayed. He's our perfect example...

(but we can't follow His example without His Holy Spirit living in us - being born again - so He can work on us from the inside out to make us more and more like Jesus).

Hebrews 2:14-18

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

• Zoran

Honestly:

I know the theology pretty well, but I don't know is there a difference between God Father, God Son, and God Holy Spirit or not;

Every Christian priest whom I asked this issue, didn't know what to answer to me.

Jesus is the Son of God..Definitely He was not praying to Himself but to the Father in heaven..The Almighty Father prays to no one. Christ prayed to God because He himself admitted," I myself can do nothing"..For true Christians there is but ONE GOD. Christ CAME from GOD but GOD has no beginning and surely is EVERLASTING. Christ was born of a woman and DIED on the cross. Of course He got resurrected after 3 days but He Himself admitted that He was RISEN by GOD!

Source(s): Books of the Bible

jesus never prayed to himself

he prayed to the father

the father prayed to nobody

Most Christians believe that he was the son of god or at least a part of god. Not the entire realization of god the father.

Jesus was not God. He was a Holy Prophet sent by God.