I have a few questions about driving/car accidents?

Okay, so I've been driving for almost a year now, and I have a few questions that I'm still not sure about (mainly about car accidents and such, since I haven't been in an accident yet). 1.) If I am driving or stopped at a stop sign/red light, and a car bumps into the back of my car, should I pull... show more Okay, so I've been driving for almost a year now, and I have a few questions that I'm still not sure about (mainly about car accidents and such, since I haven't been in an accident yet).

1.) If I am driving or stopped at a stop sign/red light, and a car bumps into the back of my car, should I pull over? If I do, should I as soon as the light turns green and I am past the intersection, or would it be better to pull into a nearby parking lot instead? Or a side-road maybe, if it is a crowded road?

2.) In the same case as above, should the police be notified? I know that you're supposed to call 911 if you are in a car accident, but what if you pull over only to find that there is little to no damage at all? Should you still call the police?

3.) What if you are hit by a car, but they don't stop and instead turn another way or keep going past you? Should you still pull over and call the police, even if the other driver is already gone? And also, should you still pull over on the side of the road, or would it be better to go into a parking lot since the other driver is already gone?

4.) What if you hit someone else, and there is little to no damage, but they don't stop and instead keep driving? Should you follow them and wait to see if they'll stop later on, or should you pull over even if they don't?

5.) If there is a police officer, firetruck, ambulance, or something behind you with their lights on, but you are stuck sitting at a red light, how are you supposed to pull over? Do you wait until the light turns green, pass the intersection, and then pull over? Or are you supposed to stay put, even when the light turns green (all lights turn green for them, right?)? What if you are at a stop sign and about to turn left or right into traffic, and there is an emergency vehicle with their lights on behind you? Should you stay there, or try to turn onto the road and then pull over? Will the cars on that road pull over too, or will they keep going? If this is the case, will I be delaying the emergency vehicle by waiting until it is safe to turn?

6.) What if I am on a road going North and South, and there is an emergency vehicle with lights and sirens on, but they are on the road going East and West? Should I pull over for them, assuming they might be crossing the intersection? What if they are going South, and I am going North? Do I pull over then?

7.) This is kind of different from the other questions, but I'm still wondering about it. If I am on a main road and trying to turn left into a parking lot, while there are cars in the parking lot trying to exit straight out (or left, I guess), do they have the right of way or do I? What if there is a line of cars behind me, or behind the cars waiting to get out of the parking lot? Does this change anything?

Thanks.