Americans living in Tokyo, Japan?

[This is serious, please do NOT answer if you're going to be sarcastic or an ******. Thank You.]

I'm looking for blogs of Americans living in Tokyo Japan. I am thinking about moving to Japan, but I need some blogs OR talk to someone about "the day in the life of an American living in Japan"~something along that line. If you can direct me to some blogs or you are living there and care to help me out then thank you very very much ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Best Answer

Don't know about being sarcastic or whatever ******* is, but if you are even remotely interested in moving to Japan, and don't have the common sense to Google "foreigner blog tokyo Japan" then you aren't going to be able to cut it living in another country. LOTS of hits on that particular search. And it really doesn't matter all that much whether they are American or not. Canadians, Americans, Caucasian Europeans, Australians are all pretty much lumped together. But if you are going to get your panties all in a bind because you think that the American experience is going to be all that different, well, why don't you add that criteria to your search.

Dumba** is what Red would say. ( ´ ▽ ` ) <--- isn't that just SO special?????

Source(s): Might be an *********** but not a dumbass.

I don't think this person is calling anyone a dumbass(?) And I'm pretty sure ********* means A (hole) (by the sound of how people would put their answer, live everyone above is saying) I actually typed into google for finding blogs and it's kinda frustrating trying to seperate certain blogs because there are some that share most pictures of their kids having fun in Japan ans whatnot, so I can see why you did a Yahoo! Answers for.... But in the future, remember that most people who answer on Yahoo are pretty rude and sarcastic as hell... So, ask differently.

Like what everyone else said. Besides, I know there's some blogs on tumblr of foreigners who are living there, but they keep changing their user names so it;s hard to find them, sorry >.> And there ARE people on youtube who post videos of their lives living there, here are a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoqAx_PkjhU

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF6oxxH1zMY

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c79a8Qlvv4c

Youtube thumbnail

You can look at their other videos, and I think that they're pretty good, even though I've never been there, but someday I will. Good enough information, yeah?

Ditto ThreeDeadPoets. This is not sarcastic, but a fact. If you are looking for blogs, you have probably not even looked into HOW you would even be able to do it. Japan is not a place you just pick up and move to because you feel like it (don't know why people think that). First, you would need to have a job already waiting for you there. Second, in most cases, you would need to have a bachelors degree to even get that job in the first place. Third, and most importantly, whoever hires you there would have to sponsor you for your resident visa to enable you to live there. That last one is the show stopper for most people.

So, you can think about moving there all you want. However, if you cannot get a work visa or student visa (be enrolled in Japanese university), its just not going to happen. BTW, if you think you can do it on a tourist visa, the Japanese are very good at finding people who overstay their visas and deporting them. If that happens, you will be banned from entering Japan for 5 years.

Source(s): Lived in Japan for nearly 5 years
  • Ginny

http://www.japanitup.com/

This is the blog about an American living in Japan. There's a "Contact Me" section so you can email him all your questions about living in and moving to Japan.

Have fun! I hope your dream gets realized! I've always been fascinated by Japanese food, culture, fashion, and lifestyle, so I understand why you'd want to move there!

• Mark

Go to youtube and type in, Americans living in Tokyo. You would have numerous video blogs to watch from.

• Mrsjvb

anyone incapable of doing even the most basic research on google has no business even THINKING about trying to pull this off.

Laziness breeds complacency

yeah just google it or youtube it, not that hard lol