Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 9 years ago

Doesn't steam valve just suck?

read this and tell me what you think...

Category CD Key Questions > Invalid CD Key

Product *STEAM*

Operating System Windows 7/Vista

Print Question

Reopen

This Question's Message(s)

1 Message by you on Tue, 21st Aug 2012 3:56 pm

Hi a few years ago, I installed mw2 on my pc. On my old steam account, I registered it with my optimum online email address. A few years later, I want to play it on my new laptop I just bought. So, I download steam, install it, and try to log in. I used my optimum online email address and the password I thought was correct. Turns out, I forgot my password so I have steam email me the password. Now, the only problem, is that the email address I used long ago was an optimum email address. Now, I have charter communications and optimum deactivated my email address and now I cant access my password reset link because I can no longer access my optimum email. Can you please deactivate my cd key or email me a new one? Thanks!

2 Message by Support Tech Wiktor on Fri, 24th Aug 2012 1:13 pm

Hello

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

In order to investigate this issue, we must verify your ownership of the software and associated Steam Account(s).

If you purchased software through Steam with a credit card, please confirm the card type (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), full name, and last four digits of the card used with the order(s).

If you purchased software through Steam through PayPal, please provide the PayPal account holder billing information (name and address) and the PayPal Invoice ID. The Invoice ID will be 16-18 digits long and comprised of only numbers. It may be listed as the Order Description Number.

If you registered software purchased at a retail location, please handwrite your Support Ticket Number ****-****-**** directly on the quick reference card or sticker above the CD Key (the number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor) and reply with a digital photo or scan of the CD Key in .jpg format. Please ensure that you submit a full-color image, rather than a photocopy.

So, I send them a jpeg photo of my cd key:

__________________________________

If you have any difficulty locating the CD Key on the packaging, please see the following link:

URL: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref...

Example scans:

http://support.steampowered.com/images/faq/2347-QD...

After verifying your proof of ownership we will gladly assist you with this issue.

3 Message by you on Thu, 30th Aug 2012 6:25 pm

Here is my poof of the legitamate mw2 cd key

2012-08-30-222201.jpg - View Image (File Size : 85 KB)

4 Message by you on Thu, 30th Aug 2012 6:27 pm

Please reply asap. I really want to play my game! =)

5 Message by Support Tech Wiktor on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 7:51 am

Hello Patrick,

I have reset your account password and sent the new login information in a separate email. Please login to the account using the new password.

Note: The new password consists of all numbers.

Once logged in, please change your password, your secret question, and validate your email address. This will ensure that you will be able to use the Steam account recovery tool in the future to save time if you need to reset your password. This process is outlined here:

Title: Resetting an Account Password and Secret Question

Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref...

Your new Secret Question will be set to "What did customer service reset your password to?"

The answer to the Secret Question is the new password that we have sent to you as mentioned above. You’ll find instructions on how to change your secret question at the link referenced above.

If you do not receive the email and you are running a Spam filter, check and make sure the email is not being filtered as spam.

6 Message by you on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 10:46 am

What is my password? I don't understand. And which email did you send my new password to?

______________________________________________

THEY DIDNT EMAIL ME MY NEW PASSWORD! WTF!

7 Message by you on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 10:49 am

I need a new cd key for my mw2 game man! That's all I'm asking for. I just want to play my purchased product and have fun!

8 Message by you on Fri, 31st Aug 2012 11:52 am

You said you emailed me my new password but I didn't receive an email from you containing my password. Please email password to: ********

Thanks

9 Message by you on Sat, 1st Sep 2012 4:08 pm

NEVER MIND YOU DUMB AS*H**L*S! FIGURED IT OUT ON MY OWN! F*** YOUR USELESS UNHELPFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT! HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUISINESS YOU P***KS

• SteveO
    Favorite Answer

What's the question aside from this rant? Reported.

• opurt

The only DUMB AS*H**L* here is you for forgetting your password and ranting about it.