How long after starting a diet should i start to see results on the scales?

I've started to diet, as i know i have a little podge. i know that because i'm not particularly big it will be harder for me to lose weight, but i've made sure to consume 1,400 calories a day (a fair few less i've found the past few days) but after doing this (plus exercise) for just over a week,... show more I've started to diet, as i know i have a little podge. i know that because i'm not particularly big it will be harder for me to lose weight, but i've made sure to consume 1,400 calories a day (a fair few less i've found the past few days) but after doing this (plus exercise) for just over a week, there is no real difference. I weighed myself and had put on half a pound, but i know that is probably just because i only just ate (was a silly time to do it really, was just curious). so my question, when should i start to see results? It's kind of disheartening when you are working so hard and seeing no results. I just wanna start losing the pounds, but by bit, until i reach my ideal weight. But its hard when i see no proof of it working :/