Why did facebook lie to everyone and say that the new facebook timeline would be mandatory?

I never wanted to get facebook timeline in the first place!!! The only reason why I got it was because they kept saying that *EVERYONE would be changed over to the new timeline, whether they like it or not, so I thought since *EVERYONE would have to get it then I mine as well go ahead and get it, so I can get use... show more I never wanted to get facebook timeline in the first place!!! The only reason why I got it was because they kept saying that *EVERYONE would be changed over to the new timeline, whether they like it or not, so I thought since *EVERYONE would have to get it then I mine as well go ahead and get it, so I can get use to it. But the thing is it's been months and months and now i'm freakin pissed because I still see people with the old design! Why would facebook lie!! why wont they make *EVERYONE get the timeline like they said they would......?? Facebook is so stupid they should at least make it to where you can change back to the old design for people who dont want the timeline :( it's not fair, and I'm sorry if I'm complaining way too much....but can you blame me?? I mean they did lie.....