Compression fractures...and loss of height in vertebrae?

I have a long list of injuries and accidents that have left me with permanent spinal trauma. I'm only 27, and I have MANY, MANY PROBLEMS- but I'm not going to go into all that here. I had an X-ray done of my thoracic spine 2 months ago, and it said that there was anterior wedging of several mid thoracic... show more I have a long list of injuries and accidents that have left me with permanent spinal trauma. I'm only 27, and I have MANY, MANY PROBLEMS- but I'm not going to go into all that here. I had an X-ray done of my thoracic spine 2 months ago, and it said that there was anterior wedging of several mid thoracic vertebral bodies, the most severely affected having lost approximately 35% height anteriorly, consistent with a mild wedge compression fracture. 2 questions: 1. Why do they say "several"? Can't they simply look at the films and say that there are 3 or 4? Why can't they be more specific? 2. The vertebrae had a loss of height anteriorly (35%). That was 8 weeks ago. Will it continue to lose height? What makes vertebrae lose height? Some people say that simply lying on the couch and doing nothing can cause vertebral degeneration in height. Is this true? What can I do to stop vertebral height loss? Thanks for reading my post. All answers to my questions will be much appreciated.
One more thing...how long can you stay on a potent prescription only anti-inflammatory medication, such as Naprosyn? I've heard that you cannot be on them for more than 4 months. I'm on it for chronic pain. If I can no longer take anti-inflammatories...does that mean I will have to go on that heavy duty stuff, like OxyContin? I hate that drug.
1 answer 1