asul
asul asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

What do pride and honor satisfy?

What are they for...?

Hiyo, too, Dreamy... :)

Best Answer

Honor in the real sense of the word sets us free.

We are honorable when we do not break our own internal moral code, & an internal moral code coupled with an eye for unity & compassion are necessary before one can have honor.

They say that pride goes before the fall, perhaps because pride is often taking credit when credit is due another place.

Of myself I am nothing.

May I never forget.

Many Blessings!

• Terry

Pride and Honor judging by some answers, a thing of the past and most youngsters don't even know what it means, and sadly don't care.

Pride and honor have nothing to do with ego or macho-ism, I like to believe it's above all that, but then I am an old man and still retain my old fashion ways . I take pride in myself as an honorable man I give my word and will keep it. I make a promise I try to keep it no matter what. when I do a job I take pride in doing it well. What are they for? Integrity. Mine.

Yes you can mock them both. But then maybe I have something you don't?

You all have a nice day

Source(s): Contentment
  • DREAMY

Hiyo Asul

If I'm proud of myself, then I believe the only thing it satisfies is to boost my own self confidence.

Pride & honour deserve to go to God. & that's who I think they satisfy, who they are for. I believe He created this whole universe from nothing & then saved us from ourselves. I do take pride in things, I've accomplished - I am so far from perfect, but my believe is that gave God me all my gifts & skills, so really I've got I've got nothing to take pride in

However pride in of someone else, I've got no problem in making them aware of it. That in my mind is encouragement & a way of showing love.

love & HUGS

Dreamy

• Holden

Honor satisfies one of the conditions to be a real man.

A balanced pride is useful because it does not allow degradation at a certain level. Pride is about self-esteem and must not be confused with an egotistical characteristic.

They CAN satisfy integrity. Whatever focus works. But they are tenuous things...and can be abused by lazy thinking like anything else. They can be a rallying cry for unspeakable horrors. but they can also unite a people and maintain an integrity to society IMHO. But, in the end, I still think they are just a focus; a means and excuse to behave correctly...potentially wise, I mean. :]

• It can egoistically feel like satisfying a fading worldly reality/illusion of a relatively-dependent individualistic and self-signifying sense of selfishness for it's paradoxically demanding insecurity about it's mortality(like it's never entirely satisfied:when within a dying physical flesh,at least)while at times seeming like interdependently serving the better interests of more(for example:tribally)within and/or without some more/less relative contexts...

I think it satisfy an individuals conscience, and ego. To feel that they could stand out by being better than others.

• K M T

Pride comes before a fall...honour is a myth.

They satisfy self-realization.

They help one come to an understanding of who they are, and they help others come to an understanding of who you are.

The ego, prolly.