Can an HDMI to DVI then DVI to HDMI adaptor work to remove HDCP from HDMI sources?

As usual, I got screwed over by DRM. When I try to rent a movie on my Verizon cable box, it says that I cannot use HDMI because my display does not support HDCP, then the screen turns black. Wow, way to call an innocent user a pirate! Anyway, I need to get rid of it. So if I get the HDMI output from my cable... show more As usual, I got screwed over by DRM. When I try to rent a movie on my Verizon cable box, it says that I cannot use HDMI because my display does not support HDCP, then the screen turns black. Wow, way to call an innocent user a pirate! Anyway, I need to get rid of it.

So if I get the HDMI output from my cable box, convert it to DVI with a little passive adaptor, then convert that DVI back to HDMI with another passive adaptor, will that work to prevent the box from being tripped and blocking my video? No worries with audio; I have audio coming out separately to a receiver.
Update: Forgot to mention, but after I convert the HDMI to DVI then the DVI to HDMI, it goes to an HDMI switch, which goes into my display after being converted to DVI.