Is the term “Brazilian wax” used in Brazil?

I’m learning Portuguese and I was wondering whether Brazilians themselves refer to bikini waxing as such (the literal translation would be “depilação brasileira”, I believe) the way much of the world does. I’ve always found it fascinating how, for example, what is called a “French kiss” in English and certain other... show more I’m learning Portuguese and I was wondering whether Brazilians themselves refer to bikini waxing as such (the literal translation would be “depilação brasileira”, I believe) the way much of the world does. I’ve always found it fascinating how, for example, what is called a “French kiss” in English and certain other languages is not known as such in France and other French-speaking countries. Instead, they use the expression “rouler une pelle”, which doesn’t involve any ethnic tags. This goes for many other terms across various languages that involve ethnicities and nationalities – they are usually created based on associations and stereotypes and even partial (or whole) truths. However, they are typically not known as such in the countries that are implicated in these expressions… but there are exceptions. I was just wondering if this is the case for “Brazilian wax” in Brazil.
3 answers 3