Someone who is ripped, and toned answer this quesiton?! (little body fat, nice abs)?

let me start off by telling you about me. 20, male, 135 lbs, 5,11. not alot of muscle, but little body fat. i do have enough fat on my skin to hide any abs. my question is, what do i need to do to build muscle AND loose fat. ive heard that a calorie deficit might work, others say its the diet. the diet is much... show more let me start off by telling you about me. 20, male, 135 lbs, 5,11. not alot of muscle, but little body fat. i do have enough fat on my skin to hide any abs.

my question is, what do i need to do to build muscle AND loose fat. ive heard that a calorie deficit might work, others say its the diet. the diet is much harder, but it wont be easy anyway. i just ordered some protiens(whey and casien), bcaa's and omega 3, as well as a multivitamin.

so if you answer can you say if you have used a technique that worked? i always hear opinions but its best to listen to the people who also have the results.

and some weird side note, swimmers are always very toned and ripped, maybe the full body workout?? diet? just sayin
Update: i forgot to say i do work out at least 4 times a week and i do cardo. sometimes 1 day or maybe 2 will be with weights at the gym, the others will be like gymless excersises. pullups, pushups, squats, stuff like that.